Following 5 purchases within the first 60 days of opening, the KeyBank Jey2More Rewards Card will give you up to 50,000 rewards points in addition to rewarding no annual fee.
The KeyBank Key2More Rewards card offers more points per dollar spent than most travel rewards credit cards. However, don’t be fooled by its misleadingly high rewards rate – what you see won’t necessarily be what you get.
Like other rewards cards that try to lure new cardholders with an artificially inflated rewards rate, the Key2More Rewards card’s points are only worth a fraction of the average card rewards point.
The KeyBank card does offer an appealing spending bonus if you pass a monthly spending threshold. But to get the most benefit from it, you’ll have to spend at least $2,000 or more per month.
If you can pass that monthly threshold, the card’s rewards rival some of the best cards on the market. But if you’re not that heavy of a spender, you can almost certainly find a better deal somewhere else.
- No annual fee
- Standard MasterCard benefits, specifically MasterCard Basic (as far as I can tell)
- Earns 5x KeyBank Relationship Rewards Points per $1
- Earns 6.25x Relationship Rewards Points via the 25% bonus to points earned in a month if you spend more than $1,000 but less than $2,000
- And earns 7.5x Relationship Rewards Points via the 50% bonus to points earned in a month if you spend more than $2,000
- You can only get a signup bonus on this card if you have a checking account with KeyBank; to wit:
- if you have a Privilege or Privilege Select checking account, you get 10,000 Relationship Rewards Points if you complete 5 purchases in the first 60 days
- if you have a lower-tier checking account, you get 5,000 Relationship Rewards Points if you complete 5 purchases in the first 60 days
- 0% APR for the first 6 months on purchases, and balance transfers completed within 60 days of account opening
- Purchase & Balance Transfer APR: 13.49% to 22.49%*, based on your creditworthiness
- Cash Advance APR: 24.49%*
- Penalty APRs: None stated.
- Grace period: 25 days (minimum, up to 28 days)
- Minimum interest charge: $0.50
* Note: these rates vary based on the Prime Rate.
- Balance transfer fee: $10 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- Cash & Convenience check advance fee: $10 or 4% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Cash equivalent fee: $10 or 4% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Overdraft protection transfer fee: $10
- Foreign transaction fee: 3%
- Late payment fee: Up to $37
Why Get the KeyBank Key2More Rewards Card?
- You plan to spend more than $2,000 a month and so can earn the 50 percent spending bonus.
- You want more flexibility with rewards-funded travel and want to be able to choose when you fly or stay in a hotel.
- You’re already a customer of KeyBank and want a card with the same bank.
How to Use the KeyBank Key2More, Rewards Card:
- To get the most value out of this card, use it for all or most regular monthly purchases so you have a better chance of earning the 25 to 50 percent spending bonus.
- If you can, try to pay off purchases in full. The card’s regular APR is relatively high.
- Shop around before redeeming points for travel. You may get more value from your spending if you redeem points for cash and use the money to pay for travel you bought elsewhere.
- ABOC Platinum Rewards MasterCard Usage Guide & Credit Card Review
- Digital Reflection Panel Review: Make Money Using the Internet?
- Amex Points – The Best Ways You can Make Use of it
Now, aside from the terrible rewards points value and the need to have a relationship with KeyBank in order to get the KeyBank Key2More Rewards Credit Card 50,000 Reward Point Bonus, looking at it as positively as possible, the card does have no annual fee and a pretty attractive card-art to me, however, that does nothing to justify recommending you this card.
We hope this article has been helpful to you. Please share it with anyone who you think will appreciate the information!