– HSBC Gold Mastercard Credit Card –
HSBC Gold Mastercard: The HSBC Gold Mastercard Credit Card is a pretty straightforward card with one main feature: it provides an 18-month period of 0 percent intro APR before the regular 12.99–20.99 percent Variable APR applies.
There’s not much else to this coin, other than that. It does not have any rewards and the benefits are extremely basic. But it also has no annual fee, and when it comes to the other terms it is very forgiving! There are no transaction fees to foreign countries either.
It may not be the most exciting card, but for Best 0 percent Intro APR Credit Cards, it is one of our top picks. If you want to pay off some purchases or a large balance over time with no interest accumulated, this card is a great option.
Here are the key features of the HSBC Gold Mastercard credit card at a glance, and then we’ll dive deeper:
- No annual fees
- 0% Introductory APR on credit card purchases for the first 18 months from account opening APR for the first 18 months
- Low APR after intro rate expires
- No foreign transaction fees
- Good to excellent credit
- No penalty APR
- Late fee waiver
- Zero liability
- High-security features
HSBC Gold Mastercard Credit Card Basics
Card type: Balance transfer/0%.
Annual fee: $0.
Sign-up bonus: None.
APR: 0% Introductory APR on credit card purchases and balance transfers for the first 18 months from account opening, then a variable APR of 12.99% – 22.99% will apply.
Balance transfer fee: 4% of the amount transferred or $10, whichever is greater.
Foreign transaction fee: None.
HSBC Gold Mastercard Credit Card Benefits
HSBC Gold Mastercard credit cardholders receive benefits including:
- Airport concierge service
- Auto rental insurance
- Fraud protection
- Free FICO credit score access
- Identity theft protection
The perks of HSBC Gold Mastercard Credit Card
- Annual fee: None. Use the card as much or as little as you want without worrying about an annual fee. This is a good perk when combined with the card’s intro APR.
- Intro APR: On purchases and balance transfers. Enjoy a 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 18 months following your account opening. After, you’ll receive a variable APR of 12.99% to 22.99% depending on your creditworthiness. This is a strong intro APR.
- Cardholder-friendly policies. HSBC waives one late fee each year. If you happen to pay late, you won’t receive a penalty rate. You also won’t pay to get additional cards for authorized users. Late fees are widespread among card providers, making this a great deal.
- Potentially low APR. Depending on your credit, you may qualify for an ongoing purchase and balance transfer APR as low as 12.99% variable. This is a relatively low rate given the average credit card APR is around 16%.
- No foreign transaction fees. Providers typically charge a 3% foreign transaction fee, especially for cards without travel rewards. Use your HSBC Gold Mastercard credit card abroad and at foreign websites without incurring a fee.
- Shopping and travel benefits. Get access to MasterAssist travel planning, roadside assistance, rental car insurance and travel accident insurance. Also, enjoy extended warranties, purchase protection, and price protection when shopping.
- Monthly FICO: Stay on top of your credit score with HSBC free monthly FICO which will be added to your monthly statements. The monthly FICO score provides a great way to manage your spending to ensure you maintain healthy credit.
Read Also: Avenue Premier Credit Card Review.
What to Watch out for in HSBC Gold Mastercard Credit Card
- High APR if the cardholder does not pay off purchases or balance transfers within the introductory period.
- Longer 0% interest offer exists: If you really need to save money with a balance transfer, you should know that other cards may let you secure 0% interest on balance transfers for an even longer stretch of time.
- No rewards: Some of the top 0% interest credit cards let you earn rewards on your purchases, but the HSBC Gold Mastercard doesn’t have a rewards program.
- It requires good to excellent credit.
- It does not offer a signup bonus.
- Charges a 4% balance transfer fee.
Fine Prints of HSBC Gold Mastercard Credit Card
- 99% – 22.99% Variable APR on purchases and balance transfers
- 0% Intro APR on balance transfers for 18 months.
- Penalty APR: None.
- Annual fee: $0.
- Balance transfer fee: Either $10 or 4%, whichever is greater, will apply on each balance transfer and credit card check.
- Foreign transaction fee: None
- Overdraft cash advance: $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction,, whichever is greater.
- Late payment: $0 for the first missed payment within a 12-month calendar period. After that, up to $39
- Returned payment: Up to $39
- People who want to transfer a balance from a high-interest card without having to pay interest on the transfer
- People with good to excellent credit (650+),
- And for people who travel or shop overseas (online) frequently
And although you won’t find a rewards program, the HSBC Gold Mastercard credit card contains everything else. A 0 percent intro APR on 18-month sales and balance transfers, no annual charge, no penalty APR, no overseas transaction fees, and even a late payment waiver if you fail to pay.
We hope this article was useful and educative, do well to share these messages with friends and loved ones. If you have a question, kindly drop your comments below.