– How to set Proxy Server –
How to set Proxy Server: When using a proxy server with Google Chrome or another Web browser, your Web browser will send all of your Web browsing traffic to the proxy, which will act as an intermediary between your device and the Web servers.
A proxy can cache Web content that is frequently requested, refuse access to specific content or log traffic on Web browsing. Some networks can allow access to the Web by a proxy server. Google Chrome uses the system-wide proxy settings, built in the Properties dialog for Windows.
- How to Cancel a Steam Account
- How to Configure PCSX2
- Steps to Convert Acsm to PDF
- How to Block & Unblock a Phone Number
What is a Proxy?
Proxy servers are computer servers on the internet that acts as a firewall between you and the servers you want to connect to.
Therefore, requests made to access a site’s server is made through the proxy server, which is the go-between.
Data traffic from a web server you have requested resources from is routed through the proxy server before getting to you.
By using Google Chrome with Proxy, you can access geographically restricted content or surf around the internet anonymously.
How does Proxy Work?
You don’t need to be technologically savvy to use a proxy with your Google Chrome browser. All you need do is follow this guide to the very end.
Usually, when you send a request, for example, you visit www.facebook.com, your request to access Facebook’s server is sent to your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Your ISP connects you to Facebook’s server using your IP address and location.
Using a proxy to connect to Facebook’s server, as usual, your request goes to your ISP. From your ISP, your request is redirected to your proxy server.
Your proxy server requests access to the Facebook server with your chosen IP address and location (not your real IP address).
Information from the Facebook server is channeled to you through your proxy server. Therefore, the proxy server acts as a third party between you and the websites you want to access.
Why do I Need a Proxy for Google Chrome?
Launched in 2008, Google Chrome is one of the fastest chromium-based browsers used to access the net by more than 40 million users worldwide. Google Chrome browser is a much-loved browser reputable for its simple UI and easy-to-use navigation.
Using the Google Chrome browser with a proxy gives you the following advantages:
- Google Chrome browser allows you to bypass restricted content and websites. For instance, you can access Facebook using a proxy server if Facebook is restricted in your country or at your place of work. So with a proxy, you’re able to circumvent restrictions placed on contents by your company or government.
- Browsing the web using a proxy helps you to do so anonymously without revealing your true identity and location. You can post comments online, access blocked content, and do a whole lot of cool stuff online anonymously without any trace or link to you.
- You can use a proxy server to monitor and control your kid’s or organization’s activities online.
- Also, You can browse the internet faster by using Google chrome with a proxy server.
- Proxy servers protect your privacy and improve your computer security by encrypting your requests and also blocking out malicious sites.
Disable proxy for Chrome on Windows
- Click the Chrome menu in the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click Advanced.
- In the “System” section, click Open your computer’s proxy settings. (For Windows 7 and Windows 8 or 8.1 users, this will open the Internet Properties window.)
- Under “Automatic proxy setup,” toggle Automatic detect settings Off.
- Under “Manual proxy setup”, toggle Use a proxy server Off.
- Click Save.
Disable proxy for Chrome on Mac
- Click on the Chrome Menu on the browser toolbar. Then, select Settings.
- At the bottom of the screen, click Advanced.
- Under “System,” click Open your computer’s proxy settings. This will open the Network Settings window.
- In the “Proxies” tab, under “Select a protocol to configure,” uncheck every protocol.
- Click OK. You can close the settings windows now.
In conclusion, using or having to set a proxy server with Google Chrome browser ensures that you stay safe online, access restricted contents, and also protect your privacy.
There is never a time that isn’t right to help. If this information was useful to you, do well to share it with friends and loved ones. It’s your turn to help other people. You can share this article on your favorite social media handle.