How to Remove Credit Card from Amazon & Change the Default Card
– How to Remove Credit Card from Amazon –
How to Remove Credit Card from Amazon: Amazon can be extremely convenient; the ability to order virtually anything from anywhere in the world has revolutionized the market in ways even Amazon’s founder, Jeff Bezos, could not imagine back in 1994 when he created Amazon.
With Amazon, the overall experience of managing your actual online account can be quite frustrating. If you don’t know Amazon’s site very well, there are many functions and links you have to deal with to find the specific task you try to complete.
Luckily, if you only wish to delete a credit card from your Amazon account is very simple and straightforward. Please follow these steps:
Remove Credit Card from Amazon Account
Amazon makes it flexible for users to add or delete a payment method. If you do not want to pay for your orders via a particular credit card, you can remove that card alone. The following steps will help you do so.
How to Remove Credit Card from Amazon on a PC (Amazon.com)
- Open Amazon.com from your PC. Then, if you have not yet signed in, sign in with your Amazon account.
- On the top right of the page, hover over Accounts & Lists. Then, from the displayed list of options, click Your Account
- From the list of options available in Your Account, click Payment options– Your Amazon Wallet will open.
- Scroll down your Your Amazon Walletpage to Your credit cards To remove credit card from Amazon, click on the downward arrow beside the credit card.
- When the card details open, beneath the billing address, click Remove.
- Finally, to remove credit card from Amazon, on the Remove Payment Methodconfirmation pop up window, click Confirm remove.
- If the card you just removed is your default payment card, you may be prompted to use another stored card as your default.
If you want to remove more than one credit card, repeat the steps above for all credit cards you want to remove.
2. How to Remove Credit Card from Amazon from the Amazon App for Android
- Open the Amazon Shopping App on your phone. Then, if you are not yet signed in to the App, sign in with your Amazon account.
- On the top left of the App, tap the 3 lines. When you tap the 3 lines on the top left of the Amazon App, a list of options will be displayed.
- From the listed options, tap Your Account.
- When your Amazon account details page opens, scroll down to your Amazon Wallet. Then click Manage payment options.
- On your Amazon wallet page, scroll down to Manage Payment Options. Then, beneath the credit card you want to remove, tap Remove.
- Finally, on the Remove Confirmation page, tap Confirm.
3. How to Remove Credit Card from Amazon from the Amazon App for iPhone
- Open the Amazon App on your iPhone. If you have not yet signed in to the App, sign in with your Amazon account.
- Then on the top left of the App, tap the 3 lines.
- From the list of displayed options, tap Your Account.
- Then, beneath Account Settings, locate and tap Manage payment options.
- Finally, scroll down to Manage payment options, besides the credit card you want to remove, tap
- To confirm the removal, on the Remove Confirmation screen, tap Confirm.
How to Change Your Default Card on Amazon
Here’s how to change your default card on Amazon, and also clean up the list since Amazon doesn’t do that automatically. You can make this change both through their desktop website and also in the mobile app. Follow the instructions to do this.
On the Website
- After deleting a payment method, you can now change the default settings. Over in the left-hand sidebar, click the
- “1-Click Settings” link.
- At the top of the list, you’ll see your default payment and address options.
- You can change your default payment method in one of two ways.
- If you see another payment method listed further down on the page, you can click the “Make Default” button to the right of that method to make it the default. If you do this, whatever nickname and shipping method you have attached to that method also become the defaults.
- Alternatively, if you just want to change the default payment method and leave those other things alone, click the “Change” link next to the “Payment Method” in the section that contains your current default. You’ll also want to do it this way if you need to add a new card that’s not already associated with your account.
- Select the card you want to use—or click “Add New Card” if you need to add a new one—and then click the “Continue” button.
- Now, whenever you make an order, that’s the card Amazon will try to use.
With the Mobile App
- Open the Amazon mobile app, tap the menu icon, and then tap the “Account” setting.
- Select the “Manage Payment Options” entry, and you’ll see a list of all the credit cards currently attached to your account. To remove a payment method, tap the “Delete” button under that method. To add a new method, tap the “Add a Payment Method” option.
- To change the default payment option, scroll down to the bottom of the Manage Payment Options page, and then tap the “1-Click Settings” link.
- You’ll see a list of all the addresses you’ve associated with your account, and each address has its own default payment method. To change your default address, tap the “Make Default” button. To change the default payment method, tap the payment method (or if there isn’t one, tap the “Select a Payment Method” option).
- Select the credit card you want to use—or add a new one—and then tap the “Continue” button.
- From now on, that’s the card Amazon will try to use by default.
I hope this article on how to delete and change the default payment method on Amazon helped. If you have more questions concerning these, please drop it in the comment box below.