How to Find your Backed up Messages on iCloud
Ever wondered how to find your backed up messages on iCloud? Well, you’ve come to the right place. Read through this article to see how you can get your texts on iCloud.
Our text messages are very essential to our daily lives, and it is necessary to back them up.
Most times we back up our texts to ensure that they are secure and to prevent us from losing them permanently just in case a tragic situation occurs.
From sweet words to our loved ones to messages that can provide crucial evidence in a court trial, our messages contain some of the important and precious information that makes up our entire existence.
Well, the truth is it might be too easy to accidentally lose some important messages because you are trying to clear up the storage space on your phone.
How to Find your Backed up Messages
It is quite easy to restore your messages on your iCloud. If you backed up your messages on your iCloud, it means you did this before the messages were accidentally wiped off.
If you did this, then you can restore your iphone from an iCloud backup to be able to find your messages.
Note that when you use this method, there’s a possibility that your current data may be overwritten with the data in the backup.
This would cause a loss of data due to messages and files that were collected since the backup was made. So it is advisable to be very careful when you about taking this step.
If you are not comfortable with this step, we recommend that you try using a third-party app like iBackup Extractor.
Steps to Restore iCloud Backup to iphone
Here are the steps that you should take when trying to restore your iCloud backup to your iPhone:
- Be sure that you have a recent backup that is likely to contain your erased messages.
- Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups.
- Then click a device listed under Backups to view the date and size of its latest backup.
- Then, go to Settings > General > Reset, and click ‘Erase All Content and Settings’. This would take a few minutes and it will start a setup of the device when it is finished.
- During setup, on the Apps & Data screen, Click Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click “Choose backup” and be sure that you choose the correct iCloud backup that you wish to restore.
Using iBackup Extractor to Find your Messages on iCloud
Another great tool you can make use of is the iBackup extractor. This third-party app enables you to extract your messages from iCloud quite easily.
From your messages to your contact, call history, calendars, photos and so much more.
The great news with the backup extractor you can convert your raw files or convert your data to PDF, HTML, CSV, or text format.
The images will be exported in the same quality as they originally were stored on your iphone, while your messages will be imported straight to the messages folder on your device.