The Oculus Quest 2 is a solid virtual reality headset that offers a wide range of experiences. The possibilities will (hopefully) expand even further now that Facebook has been renamed, Meta. While this article will show you how to factory reset Oculus Quest 2, we’ve also included another way for fixing odd issues with the Quest 2.
Though the headset performs admirably and provides a pleasurable experience, you may want to consider performing a factory reset if you’re having any slowdowns or issues with your Oculus Quest 2.
Here’s how to effortlessly factory reset your Oculus Quest 2 VR headset.
How to Factory Reset the Oculus Quest 2
If everything else fails, factory reset the Oculus Quest 2 to restore it to its original state. However, keep in mind that this action will erase all the data on the headset, including any saved files, installed applications, and other files.
With that said, let’s get the Oculus Quest 2 factory reset started. First, make sure the headset is turned off, then proceed with the steps below:
1. Hold the ‘Power’ and ‘any volume button’ together until the screen turns on. The recovery screen for Quest 2 will now appear.
2. You are unable to utilize your controllers in this location. So, use the volume buttons, scroll to the ‘Factory Reset’ option and select it using the power button.
3. You will be prompted to confirm your action. Select ‘Yes, erase and factory reset’ with the volume button.
The factory reset on the Quest 2 will now begin. With the progress meter displayed, you can keep track of it. It won’t take long, and you’ll be presented with the welcome screen in a few minutes.
You’ll have to start over from the beginning. Learn how to set up your Oculus Quest 2 if you’ve forgotten how to do so.
How to Factory Reset an Oculus Quest 2 Using Your Phone
If you followed the steps in our linked instructions, you should already have the Oculus app on your phone. If you do, and you want to reset the Quest 2 from your phone, follow the procedures below:
1. On your phone, open the Oculus app.
2. From the bottom menu, tap the ‘Menu’ button.
3. To access your devices, tap the ‘Devices’ button. You’ll notice that right away if you only have the Quest 2 linked.
4. Under Headset settings, scroll down and tap ‘Advanced Settings.’
5. On the confirmation box that appears, tap Factory Reset and then Reset.
Your Quest 2 will start the factory reset process, which will take a few minutes to complete.
As previously said, all of your data will be wiped, and you will need to go through the initial setup procedure to get it up and running.
However, this should clear any problems and free up storage space in Quest 2, allowing you to enjoy the new experience.
- Cheap Sports Cars 2022
- Fenway Sports Group
- Best Ski Resorts in the World 2022
- Why Are Rental Cars so Expensive
Reasons to Factory Reset an Oculus Quest or Quest 2
There are a variety of reasons why you might want to factory reset the Oculus Quest 2 depending on the situation or problem you’re having with your headset. Here are a few examples:
1. You’re Selling/Giving Away the Quest 2
It is advisable to perform a factory reset on your Quest 2 before handing it over to a new owner.
All of your personal information will be erased from the headset in this manner. This will also ensure that the headset is delivered to the new owner in as-new condition.
2. The Oculus Quest 2 is Encountering Errors
If your Oculus Quest 2 is displaying errors during normal use, it’s likely that the software or game has become corrupted and is causing issues.
If deleting the troublesome program does not resolve the issue, you should factory reset your headset. However, there is another option listed below that you might be able to use to resolve the issue.
3. You Have too Many Applications Installed
If you’re the type of user that installs a lot of apps or games, This explains why you’d be too lazy to uninstall them all one by one.
So, if you want to clear off your Quest 2 quickly, factory resetting is an option you might explore. Keep in mind, however, that this action will also delete all saved data and game preferences.
Restart the Quest 2 Instead
Because a factory reset will erase all the data on the Oculus Quest 2, there is another approach you can take to fix any difficulties.
You can restart your Quest 2 instead, which is also known as a soft reset. This simply reboots the device, which may or may not fix any bugs or errors you’re having. Simply follow the procedures below to restart your Quest 2:
1. Put on your headphones and choose one of the controllers.
2. For a second, press, and hold the ‘Power’ button on the right side of Quest 2. The power menu will be displayed.
3. Hover your controller over the ‘Restart’ button and tap it.
A restarting notice will now appear. In just over a minute, your Oculus Quest 2 will reboot and return to the main interface.
This could help you solve any issues you’re facing. If that’s the case, congrats. If it isn’t, continue reading to learn how to factory reset it.
Conclusively, you should note that a factory reset removes all account information, downloaded games, and material on the headset and is irrevocable.
Also, The stuff you’ve purchased or downloaded from your account will not be deleted if you perform a factory reset.
I hope the information above was helpful in factory resetting your Oculus Quest 2. If you’ve completed the process and are looking for something new to install, keep reaching out to this site.