Hotmail is an enticing alternative email service to Google Gmail, providing users with a broad range of features. However, how do you get your Hotmail account deleted?
You have the option to delete it if you are not interested in keeping your Outlook account and want to delete it, but with a big caveat.
Doing so would demand that your entire Microsoft account be deleted. Your email and contacts would be removed from the server in that situation and the effect would be permanent.
Your Xbox, Skype, and OneDrive accounts will also be affected by this.
How to Delete Your Outlook Acount
1. By Deleting Your Microsoft Account
If you want to delete your Microsoft account, go to this page and click the “Close Account” button. Then simply follow the on-screen instructions and your account will be deleted.
However, if you don’t want to do that, you could instead opt to simply remove your email address from your Outlook account.
Here’s how to delete your Outlook account by removing your email address.
2. By Removing Your Email Address
If you want to take the less drastic path, however, here’s how to remove your email address from Outlook:
1. Open Outlook and click the gear icon, located toward the top-right side of the screen.
2. Select “View all Outlook settings.”
3. Make sure you’re in the “Mail” tab in the far-left sidebar, then select “Sync email” in the next sidebar.
4. Hover over the email address and click the trash can icon to delete it from your Outlook account.
If you don’t see the option to remove your email address from Outlook and you have Windows, you’ll have to delete the account from your Mail and Calendar apps.
Or, if you have an outdated version of Outlook, you may have to use other means to delete your email address from Outlook.
It is an irreversible action to delete your Hotmail account. You will not recover it once deleted (except during the recoverable period of 60 days).
So it’s important to make sure that you really want to close the account.