How to Connect PS3 Game Audio Through Bluetooth Headset
– How to Connect PS3 Game Audio Through Bluetooth Headset –
Connect PS3 Game Audio Through Bluetooth Headset: The Sony PlayStation 3 (PS3) is both a gaming console and a home multimedia center. If you are having problems connecting your Bluetooth headset to your PS3 keep reading to find a solution.
Users can connect wired and wireless sound systems via the main system menu, configure the console to use specific audio codecs, and more–providing you with dozens of ways to customize your experience while playing games, watching Blu-Rays, or DVDs, and browsing the internet or your favorite streaming services.
Although there is no dedicated PS3 headphone jack, there are various options for connecting headsets and headphones wirelessly or via a wired connection to the console.
- TJMaxx Credit Card Login and Sign Up Guide. Simple Steps to Follow
- How to Use Earphones as a Microphone On Windows/PC
- T-Mobile Jump 2020: What Is It and How Does It Work?
- How to Sync a Phone to a PS3 With USB Cable or WiFi
Pair a Bluetooth Headset or Device with a PS3 System
Before you can use a Bluetooth device (i.e., headset, keyboard, controller) with the PlayStation 3, it will have to be registered or paired to the system. To pair a Bluetooth® device to the PS3, such as a Bluetooth headset, please select the topic below:
Pairing a Bluetooth Headset or Device
- In the XMB™ home menu, go to [Settings] > [Accessory Settings].
- Select the “Manage Bluetooth® Devices” option to register (or “pair”) a Bluetooth-compatible device with the PS3.
- If no Bluetooth device is paired with the PS3, the message The Bluetooth® device has not been registered. Do you want to register? Highlight “Yes” and press the X button.
If a Bluetooth device has been paired with the PS3, a list of all the Bluetooth devices will appear. To pair a new Bluetooth device, highlight Register New Device and press the X button.
Only one Bluetooth headset can be registered (paired) to a PS3 at a time. If you wish to use another Bluetooth headset, you must un-register the previous headset from the PS3.
- You will see the message To register (pair), you will need to prepare the Bluetooth® device. For information on preparing the device, refer to the instructions supplied with the Bluetooth® device.
This means that the PS3 will scan for any Bluetooth device that is within range. Make sure you have placed the Bluetooth device into a “pair” mode. Check the manual of your Bluetooth device for details on placing the Bluetooth device into a “pair” mode.
Once you’ve prepared your Bluetooth headset to pair, press the button to “Start Scanning”.
After Scanning, What Else?
- If the scan is successful, then the PS3 will list the Bluetooth devices that are ready to be registered (paired) and are within range. In this case, the PS3 found the Jabra BT 125 Bluetooth headset. Press the button to continue. If no device is shown, then it is likely you have not correctly prepared the device to be registered (paired). Please consult the documentation of your Bluetooth device for “pairing” instructions.
- At this point, you may need to enter your Bluetooth device’s passkey in order to complete the pairing process. The passkey is a security measure that helps to ensure a secure connection between the Bluetooth device and the PS3. If you don’t know the correct passkey, consult the instructions for your Bluetooth device. Press the button to begin entering the PassKey.
- Use the on-screen keyboard to enter your Bluetooth device’s passkey. Move the cursor onto the green Enter button and press the X button.
- You should now see your correct passkey in the center of the screen. Use the D-pad to highlight OK, and press the X button.
- Once the pairing is complete, you’ll see this confirmation page. This means your Bluetooth device shares a secure, wireless connection with the PS3. Press the X button to continue.
- How to Cancel a Steam Account
- How to Configure PCSX2
- Buy Verified PayPal Account (Top Websites to Buy)
- Steps to Convert Acsm to PDF
- How to Block & Unblock a Phone Number
Setting Your Newly Paired Device as Input/Output Device (for Headsets)
After the Bluetooth headset has been successfully registered (paired) with the PS3, you must set it as the default Input / Output Audio device before it can be used.
- In the XMB™ home menu, go to [Settings] > [Accessory Settings] > [Audio Device Settings] and press the X button.
- Highlight [Input Device] and press the X button. This is where you select the microphone for voice chat. Scroll up and down until you find your desired device and press the X button.
The [Output Device] will automatically change to match the selected [Input Device]. This setting will allow you to hear other players’ voice chat messages on the Bluetooth headset. If you prefer to hear other players’ chat messages on your television or on a connected receiver then you should adjust the [Output Device] to “System Default Device”.
Be sure you have the Bluetooth headset turned on when choosing the input and output device. If the Bluetooth device is off, the name of that device will be “grayed-out” in Output Device and Input Device and you cannot choose it as an [Input Device] or an [Output Device]. If the Bluetooth device is turned on but the device name still appears “grayed-out” then you should connect the Wireless Headset. Do this by highlighting the headset on the [Input Device] option and pressing the button, then selecting “Connect.” This should light up the device name that’s displayed on your screen, allowing you to select it as [Input Device] and [Output Device].
- Once the input and output device has been selected, you can test the headset’s input/output levels by speaking into the microphone. You should be able to hear your voice over the selected Output Device. If your voice is too soft, you can select [Microphone Level] and press the button to adjust the volume. When you are finished adjusting Audio Device Settings, you should select [OK] and press the button to return to the XMB.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to connect Bluetooth headphones to PS3?
Yes, it is possible! You can easily connect a Bluetooth headset/headphone to your PlayStation 3. All you have to do is to pair your Bluetooth headphones with your PS3 through following the instructions on “How to connect Bluetooth headphones to PS3” above.
Can I use any Bluetooth headset with Ps3?
Sure, you can easily connect any kind of Bluetooth headphones (with versions above) to your PS3. Bluetooth is a wireless protocol that is universal. However, to be on the safe side, use the ones “Recommended Bluetooth headphones for PS3” above.
What to do If ps3 Bluetooth passkey Error?
Look on your Bluetooth devices. The Default Bluetooth passkey is usually 0000. Otherwise, check to see if another one is listed in your Bluetooth devices’ users guide/instruction manual.
PS3 Bluetooth headset not Working?
While the headset is OFF, go to the headset Bluetooth interface Settings>Accessory Settings>Manage Bluetooth Devices. If there is a Blue dot next to your headset’s name, simply, highlight the Triangle option and select connect.
PS3 Bluetooth Headphones Game Sound?
PS3 enables you to listen to game sounds via the Bluetooth headsets conveniently. Just follow the procedures above; how to connect Bluetooth headphones to PS3.
PS3 Bluetooth headphones no sound?
This is a common problem. It might be that your Bluetooth headset is not compatible. Therefore obtain a compatible headset for PS3.
How to connect Bluetooth speakers to ps3?
A regular Bluetooth audio may not work, on the ps3. We recommend you obtain an optical audio speaker system, such as a home theater, or otherwise an RCA to plug into your PS3.
PS3 Bluetooth headphones Netflix?
Apart from gaming, you can also view Netflix movies through your PS3 Bluetooth headphones. However, you need to find a more compatible headset that can handle both gaming and watching videos.
Now you have learned how to connect your Bluetooth headphone to your PS3. Go ahead and enjoy the game without disturbance from any person who is around. If you are stranded, just refer to the instructions above.
There is never a time that isn’t right to help. If this information was useful to you, do well to share it with friends and loved ones. It’s your turn to help other people. You can share this article on your favorite social media handle.