Tennessee EBT Card Balance: All to Know about Tennessee Benefit EBT
Would you love to know about Tennessee EBT Card Balance? The Tennessee Department of Human Services (DHS) is in charge of providing Tennessee Food Stamp payments to qualified low-income households.
When you are eligible for Tennessee food aid, the payments must be automatically deposited on an EBT (Electronic Payments Transfer) card.
The Tennessee EBT card is identical to a regular ATM or debit card, also known as the Tennessee Benefit Safety Card.
Each month, food stamp benefits will be deposited on your Tennessee Financial Protection Card the same day.
Benefit Protection Card benefits can be applied through your EBT Card account by 5AM the morning after they are released.
Benefits can be used to make approved purchases of food at qualifying retail locations.
Most statewide Tennessee grocery stores accept the Reward Protection Card as payment.
About the Benefit Security EBT Card
- The Tennessee food stamp program makes use of the Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) system to distribute its funds to beneficiaries. Recipients get an EBT card which acts as a debit card. Every month, the state transfers their allocated amount of money to the card, and recipients can use the card to buy their food items at participating grocers. Checking the card’s balance requires simply calling the EBT hotline.
- what’s the Benefit Security EBT Card? The Benefit Security EBT Card is Tennessee’s EBT card.
- EBT = electronic benefits transfer.
- EBT card = a card that looks and works like a debit or credit card but is loaded with food stamps and/or cash benefits. You can use it at stores that accept EBT.
- You’ll get the Benefit Security EBT Card once you’re approved for benefits.
- Tennessee’s EBT customer service number is 1-888-997-9444.
Tennessee EBT Payment Schedule
The Tennessee EBT Card holds the food assistance benefits assigned to you each month.
Your benefits will be deposited onto your EBT card according to the schedule below:
|If the last two digits of your Social Security Number are||Benefits are deposited on the|
|00-04||1st of the month|
|05-09||2nd of the month|
|10-14||3rd of the month|
|15-19||4th of the month|
|20-24||5th of the month|
|25-29||6th of the month|
|30-34||7th of the month|
|35-39||8th of the month|
|40-44||9th of the month|
|45-49||10th of the month|
|50-54||11th of the month|
|55-59||12th of the month|
|60-64||13th of the month|
|65-69||14th of the month|
|70-74||15th of the month|
|75-79||16th of the month|
|80-84||17th of the month|
|85-89||18th of the month|
|90-94||19th of the month|
|95-99||20th of the month|
How to Check Your Tennessee EBT Card Balance
There are three options for checking your Tennessee Benefit Security Card balance.
1. Locate Your Last Purchase Receipt
One of the best ways to test the balance of your Tennessee EBT Card is to locate the most recent sales receipt or ATM receipt (only for TANF receivers).
You’ll see the latest balance at the bottom of the ledger on your account.
Be sure to save all of your recent Tennessee EBT Card receipts to test your balance using this tool.
2. Check Your Benefit Security Card Balance Via Phone
Another choice is to check your card balance by calling the Tennessee EBT Card Customer Service number (toll-free) at 1-888-997-9444.
Representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you get your Insurance Protection Card balance back.
Make sure your EBT Card code, 4-digit PIN, and Social Security Number (SSN) are ready before you call.
To obtain information about your Reward Protection Card balance, you must include this information.
3. Check Your Benefit Security Card Balance Online
The last choice online to check your balance on your Tennessee Gain Protection Card is.
The Tennessee Connect EBT website helps you to find out your EBT Card balance online.
Type in your User ID and Password to access your Reward Protection Card balance while you are on the web, and click on the “Login” tab.
Click on the Build a Tennessee Connect EBT User Account connection located on the homepage if you do not have a Tennessee Connect EBT username.
You will see instructions on how to build your Tennessee EBT Card account for online access.
List of Stores that Take EBT Online for Delivery
As you may know, the U.S. Department of Agriculture ( USDA) has introduced a pilot program (Online Buying Pilot) to encourage selected grocery stores to begin accepting electronic EBT cards for grocery shopping, including delivery to your doorway.
The grocery stores listed below have been approved for the pilot which will give EBT cardholders the opportunity to buy food for delivery online.
- Dash’s Market
- Hart’s Local Grocers
- Hy-Vee, Inc.
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Wright’s Markets, Inc