How to Change Your Zoom Background to a Virtual One for Free
– How to Change Your Zoom Background –
Do you want to change Your Zoom Background? Especially Now that lots of events and meetings are happening over Zoom, FaceTime, or other popular videoconferencing apps.
If you want to show your face on camera, then you also let people in on your surroundings. If you think you can’t spruce up your surrounding for a call or if your place is a mess and you don’t have time to tidy up before your next call, then, don’t bother, we’ve rounded up the best Zoom backgrounds that’ll refresh your space — no tools, money, or shopping trips required.
How to Change Your Zoom Background
- Download the Zoom Desktop client on your Mac or Windows computer.
- Open the app and log into your Zoom account.
- After you sign into a Zoom call, look for an icon that says “Stop video” in the bottom left corner of the window. Click the arrow to the right side of it, and select “Choose a virtual background.”
- Click the gear icon in the top right-hand corner to navigate to Settings.
- In the left menu, click Virtual Background.
- Select one of Zoom’s default background images or click the + iconto upload your own photo.
- During a Zoom meeting, click the ^ arrownext to Stop Videoand click Choose Virtual Background…to change or turn off your Zoom background.
- How to Change the Background of a Photo in Photoshop
- How to Use an Animated GIF as Your Wallpaper
- Photoshop CS3 Product Key
- How to Copyright Your Photos
- How to Recover Photos Deleted
Free Backgrounds for Zoom
Zoom offers a few default image options to choose from, but it also allows you to upload your own image. Here are some free virtual background images that you can change for your next Zoom meeting.
1. Professional Zoom Background With a View
For your next meeting, nothing conveys a more professional and accomplished message than a virtual background that flexes an impressive view.
2. An Enviable Bookshelf Zoom Background
To show off your well-read side, choose a professional Zoom background that showcases an impressive bookshelf.
3. Accessible and Modern Zoom Background
To display a more accessible degree of professional success, choose a background with more modern and casual elements.
4. The Conference Room Zoom Background
For meetings that would have been executed on-site in a conference room, visually transport yourself back to the office with a modern conference room background.
5. Your Typical Workspace Zoom Background
To give a familiar feel to your next Zoom meeting, choose a background image that reflects the realities of your typical office workspace.
6. The Modern Bookshelf Zoom Background
For a more modern take on the bookshelf background, choose a colorful and aesthetically pleasing visual that emphasizes your love for literature.
7. Library Zoom Background
For your next virtual meeting, take advantage of the opportunity to seemingly be joining the meeting from anywhere by choosing a background that transports you to a professional location such as this regal wing of a Los Angeles Public Library.
8. Private Jet Zoom Background
If you find yourself missing the amenities of business travel, for your next meeting choose a background that reflects your jet-setter lifestyle.
9. A Splash of Color Zoom Background
To draw eyes during your next Zoom meeting, choose a home office background with a bright splash of color to liven up your screen.
10. A Cozy Home Zoom Background
To convey the message of absolute comfort, set your Zoom background to the image of comfortable living space.
11. An Elegant Home Office Zoom Background
No matter what your home office looks like in real life, if you change it with an elegant home office Zoom background you will give your coworkers couch-envy all meeting long.
12. A Chic Home Setup Zoom Background
For a more relaxed Zoom meeting, set your background to your dream home setup. Those chic lounge chairs are a great conversation starter if you need a quick ice breaker.
13. Outdoor Office Zoom Background
Nothing screams “ultimate dream home office” like a fireplace on a patio. To whisk yourself and your coworkers away to a more temperate atmosphere, choose an outdoor home office Zoom background.
14. A Home Office with a View
The only view better than the one provided by this free Zoom background is the view of all of your coworker’s smiling faces!
15. Realistic Zoom Office Background
To show your fellow meeting attendees a glimpse into what it is really like when you work out of your home office, choose a realistic home office Zoom background like this one.
16. Moon Landing Zoom Background
Have you been feeling out of this world lately? Choose a Zoom background that matches your mindset, like putting yourself on the moon.
17. Alma Mater Pride Zoom Background
Perfect for a virtual class reunion or happy hour with old friends, a Zoom background that flaunts your school pride is perfect for a celebratory virtual meeting.
18. Parks and Rec Zoom Background
To bring some of your personal taste to your next video conferencing session, set your Zoom background as the desk or home of your favorite TV character. Leslie Knope’s desk from Parks and Recreation is the perfect mix of formal and fictional.
19. Vacation Zoom Background
A Napa Valley state of mind may not be the most productive mindset for a work meeting, but this Napa Valley free Zoom screen is the perfect backdrop for your next virtual wine night.
20. Flexible Workspace Zoom Background
One of the most common choices remote workers make is to utilize their local flexible workspace. To match your Zoom background to your surroundings, choose a virtual background that reflects your love for these shared spaces.
21. Game of Thrones Zoom Background
To change your Zoom background to your current pop culture obsession, join your next meeting from the Iron Throne to draw eyes and command respect.
22. Background for Zooming on the Go
One perk of the Work From Anywhere lifestyle is the ability to constantly be on the move. To reflect your highly-flexible work routine, choose a Zoom background that showcases your love of travel.
23. Bali Zoom Background
If your annual vacation was postponed this year, take advantage of free Zoom backgrounds to get the gorgeous views that you’re missing without leaving your virtual meeting. The more scenic your Zoom background is, the closer you will get to your dream vacation.
24. The Fine Art Zoom Background
The Open Content Program from the J. Paul Getty Museum and the Getty Research Institute is where you’ll find over 100,000 free, downloadable images of works of art.
25. Lush Greenery Zoom Background
For a calming, natural Zoom background choose an image that is overflowing with lush flora.
26. Classic Brick Zoom Background
For a sturdy, familiar Zoom background that conveys composure choose a classic brick wall.
27. Outer Space Zoom Background
To take your next Zoom meeting to the next level— and by next level, I mean next galaxy— set your background to a shot of the cosmos.
28. Autumn Drive Zoom Background
To have the environment of your next Zoom meeting match the environment outside your window, set your background to a crisp fall woodland scene.
29. Peaceful Nature Zoom Background
To add a layer of peace to your next virtual meeting, set your Zoom background to an image of a vibrant forest under a calming layer of fog.
30. Northern Lights Zoom Background
To transport you and your colleagues far, far away choose a free Zoom background image of one of the wonders of the world— like the Northern Lights— to spark creativity.
- How to Resize an Object within a Photoshop Layer
- How to Deselect in Photoshop
- How to Draw a Line on Photoshop
- How to Center an Image in Photoshop
- Sites That Pay You to Sell Your Photos
Where to find the best free background for Zoom
The meeting starts in 2 minutes, and you’re desperately browsing the web for a perfect Minecraft background. Sounds familiar?
In the times of remote work, this is our tough reality. Luckily, many platforms are offering handy collections of free digital backgrounds you can benefit from. Let’s look at the top destinations.
Dig into Canva for customizable Zoom backgrounds. Canva is a huge graphic design platform that covers a good deal of free animated backgrounds and static images for your Zoom workspace.
The best thing is you can use every background you find on Canva as a template. So if the colors are not really matching your WFH outfit, change the colors — not the outfit.
Unsplash is universally known as a powerhouse of superb photography. If you’re a fan of pretty photos (like National-Geographic-pretty), Unsplash is a go-to place.
You’ll find a dedicated section with Zoom backgrounds on the website. The collection is organized by categories, and you can pick any color and orientation.
Whether it’s a cozy cafe interior captured by a talented photographer or a breathtaking landscape, download whatever matches your mood for free.
Another popular free stock photography resource, Getty Images, curated virtual backgrounds for your Zoom calls with colleagues. And some of them are hilarious.
If you’ve been missing your office space — or any public place — you should check this out. It seems like Getty Images’ backgrounds will help you get into the ordinary chaos of daily life, again.
Airbnb wants you to remember the traveling vibe. As more people are forced to spend their vacations indoors, Zoom backgrounds might serve cute daily reminders about all the wonderful places you’re going to visit in the future. Airbnb’s collection of custom backgrounds covers it all, from the greenery of Bali to the rainforests of Peru.
As Zoom becomes the talk of the town, it’s also pretty much the talk of Twitter. Browse the feed for cool backgrounds and fun stories shared by Zoom users — many of them happen to be celebrities, your favorite brands, and people you admire. So if you’re bored with mainstream wallpapers, Twitter is the place. For a good laugh, at least.
What if Zoom Virtual Background is not working
No one wants to be a party pooper. So if you’ve agreed with your team the next meeting is going to be Star Wars, stick to the plan.
Get that Jedi on your background wallpaper. Zoom is pretty easy to figure out, but sometimes small problems might ruin your setup. If Virtual Background is not working right on your Mac, here are a few major things to consider:
- Make sure your Mac is running the latest version of Zoom Desktop Client (4.6 or later).
- Once you toggle the Virtual Background Status to “On” in Meeting Settings, log out of Zoom and then log back in.
- For optimal display, use a Zoom virtual background that matches the aspect ratio of your camera.
- If your camera’s aspect ratio is 16:9, the background image should have a minimum resolution of 1280×720 pixels.
Still not up and running? Check Zoom Help Center for more insights on how to use the feature.
We hope this article has been helpful to you. Please share it with anyone you think will appreciate the information and kindly drop your comment below.