Do you want to backup your Bookmarks in Google Chrome? Bookmarks are links that allow you to access your favorite web pages quickly and easily. Chrome can sync your bookmarks. But you can also export and import bookmarks manually to back them up.
In this article, we will show you how to backup and import your bookmarks using Google chrome or other browsers.
How to backup your bookmarks in Google Chrome
Using account syncing
The best way to backup your Google Chrome bookmarks is to sync them to your Google account. There’s a good chance your browser is doing this already, but if it isn’t, here’s how to set this up.
Firstly, make sure that your Google account is connected to Chrome. If it’s not or you don’t have a Google account, make one and then click the gray icon in the top-right
1. Open Google Chrome on your Mac or PC and click the profile icon in the top-right.
2. Click “Turn On Sync” in the menu that appears, and then sign in to your Google account.
Once you’ve connected your Google account to Chrome:
1. Click the three stacked dots in the top-right corner, and then select “Settings” from the menu that appears.
2. Near the top of the Settings page, click the “Sync and Google services” option.
3. Click “Manage Sync.”
4. On the page of options that opens, make sure that the “Bookmarks” toggle is on.
Now, if you use Google Chrome on any other device, you can sign in to your Google account to access all your bookmarks.
Using an HTML file
- Open Chrome on your Mac or PC and click the three stacked dots in the top-right.
- Hover your mouse over “Bookmarks,” and then select “Bookmark Manager.”
- Tap the three stacked dots located in the top-right corner of the Bookmark Manager, next to the search bar icon.
- Select “Export bookmarks.”
- Choose a name and location to save your newly-created HTML bookmarks file under, and click “Save.”
You now have a backup saved on the computer of your Google Chrome bookmarks. The HTML file can be imported to another Chrome user or web browser.
Backing up Bookmarks on Other Browsers
- In Firefox, click the Bookmarks icon and select “Show all Bookmarks.”
- Click “Import and Backup,” then select “Export Bookmarks to HTML.”
- Browse to the location you would like to store the backup, name the file, and select “Save.”
- On the IE toolbar, click “File” then “Import and export…” (If the toolbar isn’t showing, press the “Alt” key to turn it on or off)
- Click “Export to a File” then click “Next.”
- Check “Favorites” then click “Next.”
- Highlight “Favorites” and click “Next.”
- Browse to the desired storage location and select “Export.”
- How to fix Google Chrome Freezing, Crashing, or Not Responding
- Google Chrome Freezing, Crashing, or Not Responding?
- How to Watch Amazon Prime Video With Chromecast
- 7 Best Chromecast Games to Play With a Phone or Tablet
How to import your Google Chrome bookmark file into Firefox
- Open Firefox,
- Click on Bookmarks, and select Show all Bookmarks.
- In the catalog window, click Import and backup
- Select Import Bookmarks from HTML.
- Select the bookmark file you previously created with Chrome and click Open.
How to import your Google Chrome bookmark file into Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and press the Alt key to display the menu bar.
- Click File and select Import and Export.
- Choose Import from a file and click Next.
- Choose what you want to import (favorites) and click Next.
- Click Browse,
- Find the Chrome bookmarks file, and click Open.
How To import your Google Chrome bookmark file into Safari
- Open Safari
- Click on File, and select Import From.
- Locate the bookmark file you created in Chrome called Bookmarks HTML file and click Open.
How to import your bookmarks to your Android device
- Sign in to Google Chrome on your PC,
- Click on the Chrome menu, and select Settings.
- In the Access section, click Advanced synchronization settings.
- From the drop-down menu, select Choose what will be synchronized,
- Check the Bookmarks box and click OK.
- Then open Google Chrome on your Android device,
- Click on the menu ( three vertical dots) and choose Bookmarks.
The list of bookmarks on your PC will now appear on your mobile.
We are convinced that we were able to cover all the information you require in this article, and we also hope that it fulfills its function of satisfying your search intent.