Ibotta Review 2022 Updates: Is This App Really Worth It?
– Ibotta App –
You may have seen folks talking about this Ibotta App and you’re not quite sure what the fuss is about. Don’t worry, this review is here to brief you more on what Ibotta is about and how it works.
Ibotta is a popular cashback app that pays rebates on items from certain vendors. Each time you make a purchase, information is collected via receipt and/or barcode scans, and your rebates are deposited to your Ibotta account.
If you’ve ever been curious about how apps like Ibotta work, here’s some information on Ibotta and its similar counterparts. Go here if you’d rather see a complete.
What is Ibotta?
Ibotta is a free cashback rewards and payments app that gives you real cash for everyday purchases when you shop and pay through the app.
Ibotta provides thousands of ways for consumers to earn cash on their purchases by partnering with more than 1,500 brands and retailers.
Whether you’re buying groceries, clothing, electronics, or wine and beer, Ibotta will pay you cash for your purchases. In fact, Ibotta has paid out over $600 million in cash rewards to more than 35 million users since its founding in 2012.
Pros and Cons of Ibotta
- You get an immediate sign-up bonus because Ibotta is so confident you’ll enjoy the app
- Ibotta allows you to submit multiple coupons at once where a supermarket may not
- You can get rebates on the more expensive items, like organic food and other healthy treats
- It’s a very passive way to earn cashback
- You can even get rebates on alcohol (but don’t use it around the kids)
- There are hundreds of retailers on Ibotta
- It is easy to integrate into your daily life
- Ibotta doesn’t always read the receipts properly
- The product details aren’t as clear as they could be
- Ibotta does not work with online shopping opportunities if you don’t actually have the receipts
How Does Ibotta Work?
Step 1 – Add offers to your account in the Ibotta app.
How Ibotta App works:
- Open up the Ibotta app on your phone. (If you’re not registered, you can download the app here).
- Log in using your email and password if you’re not already logged in.
- Select your favorite stores.
- On the home page, find and select offers at the retailer you’re planning to shop.
Step 2 – Go shopping (You can shop online or make mobile purchases using the Ibotta app.)
Ibotta, how it works:
- Pay attention to the expiration and quantities required for redemption.
- Once you’ve made your purchases, check your My Offers list.
- You can redeem from here by selecting the item you’ve purchased and submitting proof of your purchase.
Step 3 – It’s time to redeem!
How do you redeem on Ibotta? You can redeem Ibotta in one of three ways:
- Manual receipt submission:
- On the navigation bar, select Redeem. Go to the retailer you shopped at.
- Take photos of your receipt and select the offer you want to redeem or scan the QR code located on the receipt as required by certain retailers.
- Scan barcodes of the items purchased if prompted.
- Loyalty Card submission (You can now maximize your Ibotta earnings with Automatic Cash Back!)
- Certain retailers require you to submit your store loyalty card and select your offers prior to shopping.
- If so, you’ll receive credit for redemption within 48 hours.
- Mobile submission
- Simply open the Ibotta app and select the retailer you wish to purchase from for in-app or app-to-app purchases. For example, if you’re shopping with Amazon, you can open Ibotta, select Amazon, and make your purchase with your Amazon app.
Step 4 – Redeem your cash.
How do you get the money from Ibotta? Easy.
When you redeem a rebate, your money will be added to your cashback in the Ibotta app within 24 to 48 hours. You’ll earn actual cashback, not points.
When you’ve reached $20.00, you can redeem your cashback for one of many different retailer gift cards or get actual cash through PayPal or Venmo.
- Rosh Hashana Greeting sayings
- Great Holiday Greeting Messages for your Clients, Family & Friends
- Funny Easter Sayings and Messages
- Religious Christmas Greeting Card
How Does Ibotta Make Money?
Not only do you want to know how Ibotta works, but you’re probably wondering how Ibotta makes its money too? Or more importantly, is it free for you to use? Well, to answer that, yes, Ibotta is totally FREE for you to use.
Ibotta makes money through affiliate partnerships for directing you to redeem certain cashback offers from retailers. They also earn money by having users watch quick videos or answer polls to unlock rebates with certain retailers.
What Partners Does Ibotta Have?
Ibotta partners with many major vendors to make cashback opportunities abundant. Some of these vendors include:
- Lowe’s Home Improvement Stores
- Sam’s Club
- Wal Mart
- Dollar General
- Family Dollar
- Payless Shoe Source
- BJ’s Wholesale Market
These are just a few of the vendors that Ibotta supports. The site actually boasts over 500,000 vendors that its reward program is compatible with, so no matter where you’re located or where you shop, you’ll be able to take advantage of the app’s cashback offers.
Ibotta Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Ibotta only work at a few Locations?
No, it works at 1000’s. You can use Ibotta at over 500,000 in-store retailers nationwide. We also partner with the most popular mobile apps and online retailers, so no matter what you’re shopping for you can earn cash back.
2. Does Ibotta take forever to give you money?
No, Ibotta credits your account within 24 hours. While some of our Mobile Shopping offers have longer pending periods, most offers you redeem will credit your account within 24 hours or less.
3. Does Ibotta give you real money?
Yes, and you can cash out several ways. Once you’ve earned $20 or more with Ibotta, you’re able to cash out your earnings via PayPal, Venmo, or with over 20 of the most popular gift cards.
In this review, we’ve seen that using Ibotta is an easy way to earn a little cash back from your grocery runs and online shopping.
Learn how Ibotta works to boost your cashback. We’ll show you how to use Ibotta to maximize your earnings from the many different ways to make money with Ibotta.
Was this article useful? If Yes! Please leave your comment. For more related articles, subscribe to our webpage.