Did you recently back up your texts on Google Drive and have been asking questions like “How do I View Text Messages in Google Drive Backup?” Then you are in the right place. Keep reading to know how to access your texts on Google Drive.
If you took the proper steps of backing up your messages on Google Drive, then accessing them shouldn’t be a problem for you.
Google Drive is one tool that enables you to back up your text messages and helps you save them from permanent deletion.
So if you want to view your text messages on Google drive there are several ways to do this.
In this guide we will be showing you how to view your text messages on Google drive with and without factory resetting, so read on to discover what works best for you.
Viewing Text Messages on Google Drive With Factory Resetting
In case you didn’t know, Your Andriod doesn’t support message recovery from your Google Drive directly but only does factory reset and all the back up data will be restored.
Here are the steps to follow:
- From Settings, look for and select Factory data reset. You can click Factory data reset to review the information, and then select Reset.
- Input your credentials if you have a security lockset on the phone, and then click Delete all to continue with the reset and delete all information stored on your phone.
- Allow the reset process to be completed, when it turns back on, it will start from the initial setup screen. Then Launch Settings App and pick Google.
- In your Google account click on Sync and select the files you want to restore. Click on Restore all synced data, and SMS backup will be downloaded to your phone.
Viewing Text Messages on Google Drive without Factory Resetting
If you don’t want to restore your text at the cost of wiping or overwriting the data currently stored in your phone, then there’s a good alternative for you. DroidKit.
The software provides your Google account with an extraction tool that helps restore messages immediately without root or factory resetting.
And you have the option to restore your messages from google drive to your phone or computer. Thereby allowing you to see your text messages and previous chat history.
Here are the steps you need to take:
- Launch DroidKit > Go to Extract Needed Data and click From Google Account.
- Select messages, or you can also include call logs and WiFi > Click Start.
- Sign in to your Google Account > Choose the backup version you want.
- View all the messages and restore SMS from Google Drive to an Android phone or to a Mac computer
It is advisable to settle for the best method that works for you, we would recommend you use the DriodKit to avoid risking your data with the factory reset.