How do I Retrieve Old Imessage Messages?
If you’ve recently lost messages, and you are asking questions like “How do I retrieve Old imessage messages?” Then you don’t have to panic, as we’ve got you covered in this guide.
Your imessage is a pre-installed service that helps you send and receive texts from your loved ones.
It doesn’t matter if you regularly delete your iPhone messages to free up storage space, or if they were erased due to an update, It’s important to always save the texts that you will need for future references.
But if they were accidentally deleted, especially the ones you meant to save, then don’t fret, there are still ways you can get them back.
How to Retrieve your Old iMessage Messages
With iOS 16, you can retrieve all your imessages within one month of deletion.
You can do this by going to Messages > Edit or Filters > Show Recently Deleted. From this section, you will now see the list of all the deleted messages that can be retrieved.
You can recover all or just choose the ones that need to be restored
How to Retrieve your Old Messages using iCloud
As an iOS user, it is quite important that you make good use of the iCloud backup, it’ll help you recover your texts whenever you need it to.
Now, if your iphone is set to backup to iCloud, you might be able to retrieve your old imessage message using a recent backup.
What this means is that your phone will go back to the point when you made that backup. Although, it will help you recover your old messages the downside is that you might lose some data.
Here are the steps you need to take to do this:
- Open the Settings app and click your name at the top.
- Choose iCloud, and ensure that Messages are turned on in the list of apps.
- Click iCloud Backup. Check that your iPhone has been backed up recently.
- Go back to the main Settings app menu and choose General, then scroll down and choose either Reset or Transfer or Reset iPhone, depending on what iOS version you use.
- Click Erase All Content and Settings, then confirm that it’s what you want to do. You might be required to provide your iCloud password to turn off Find My.
- Your iPhone will take a few minutes to reset to factory conditions. After that, you’ll be greeted with the iPhone’s normal welcome screen. Go through the first few steps, and on the Apps & Data screen, select Restore from iCloud Backup.