How do I Pull Up my Text Messages?
Have you ever wondered how to pull up text messages? Then you are in the right place, keep reading to find out how it is done.
Sometimes, you can spend more than a minute looking for a message on your smartphone, then you might have been taking the wrong steps.
There are easy ways that you can pull up your text message, all you have to do is search for key phrases on the Spotlight and Search features.
These apps can easily be accessed through the Messages app and from your iPhone’s home screen.
How to Pull Up Text Messages Using Search Bar
Old messages might be hidden in folders or sometimes, because of the bulk of messages in your app, it would be a bit difficult to scroll down and pull up the exact message you are looking for.
The search bar allows you to type in the phrase you used in that message to be able to find your message.
Here are a few suggestions on how to pull up text messages from your search bar in Messages:
- Open the Messages app on your iPhone‘s home screen
- To be able to access the search bar, you need to swipe down, it’ll be above your most recent message.
- Key in the phrase, word, or number you are looking for in the search bar.
- As you type, the message that contains what you’ve typed will appear on the screen of your phone.
- Click on the message thread containing the phrase you are searching for. Immediately, it will go to that conversation and highlight the exact message containing the phrase you’ve inserted.
How to Search for Text messages Using Spotlight
Spotlight: The spotlight is another app that allows you to pull up your text messages. Just like the search bar, all you have to do is type in the phrases you used and your messages will appear.
Here’s how to pull up your text messages using spotlight:
- On your iPhone’s home screen, whether unlocked or not, swipe right.
- At the top, you’ll see the Spotlight search bar and click it.
- start typing the phrase you are searching for. Different messages will begin to show in the menu below.
- Once you’ve finished typing, under the sub-menu “Messages,” search for the message that you’re looking for.
- Once you’ve selected the message, your Messages app will open, and the conversation will go to the exact message that the phrase you typed was used in.
With the apps listed above, pulling up text messages shouldn’t be too hard, even though they are old messages, using the search bar or spotlight will help you see them immediately.