Have you ever wondered how to install your Message App? This app by Google has evolved and is way better than its predecessor and ensures that interacting with your loved ones becomes an enjoyable task.
Messages by Google is the new official app for texting, built around RCS, this app enables one to multi-task without leaving the app.
This ranges from calendar reminders to watching youtube. Another interesting thing about this app is that it adopted the end-end encryption feature of WhatsApp, which ensures that your conversations are secure and you don’t have to worry about people invading your privacy.
You would also focus on connecting with the people and businesses you care about, no matter the phones they use.
How to Install the Message App
The app is available for Android 6.0 and up. You can install the app from the Google Play Store.
You may want to set up your permissions to prevent other apps from accessing your messages because messages are stored in an SMS database.
Here’s how to install the Messages App on your phone:
- First, you’ll need to change your default app, To Change it :
- Open Settings
- Go to the Apps tab, and click on the “ Messages” app.
- Select it as your default messaging app by pressing the” set as default” option
- Follow the onscreen instructions
- Accept the requested permissions if asked for additional permissions
How to Install the Messages App for Web
Here’s how to install the messages app for the web if you would love to access your messages from your computer:
- Ensure your Messages app by Google is up to date before proceeding
- Ensure your phone and computer are connected to the same network (same router)
- On your phone, Set Up Messages by Google as the Default Messaging App
- Open the Messages app
- Click on the three dots at the top right corner of the screen
- Select Device Pairing
- On your device, Go to https://messages.google.com/web in a web browser
- On your phone: Select Scan QR Code
Note: Allow Messages to take pictures and record video if requested
- Lift your phone up to capture the QR Code in the camera window
- Your phone will ring or vibrate when it has captured it successfully
- On your device, accept any authentication
Getting the new message app should be on your to-do list if you haven’t installed it yet. The app makes texting more fun and interesting.
There’s nothing more fascinating than doing all that you need to without navigating around apps, while still maintaining the flow of conversation with your friends.