Have you ever been in a situation where you lost important text messages and you keep asking how do I find my text messages? then this article is for you.
It’s totally normal to delete your messages by mistake, sometimes we are not in control of our actions. You might be scrolling through your phone or messages and deleting them accidentally.
If this happens, you should act quickly. The good news is, the data still sticks around on your android for a limited time.
How to Recover your Text Messages
Here are some apps that will help you in finding your messages:
Majority of iPhones regularly back up SMS communications to iCloud. 5GB of iCloud storage is offered for free to all iPhone users.
Your text message data is probably securely saved if you upgrade your account.
- First, determine if there was a backup created prior to the deletion of the communications.
- You may access backups by going to Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud > Manage Storage (Note that anything added to your device after the backup you select will not be restored and will require its own backup).
- Once the proper backup has been located, you must reset your smartphone by selecting Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- Your device will ask how you’d like to set up the device. Pick the option to restore it from an iCloud Backup.
- The lost messages will then be recovered, and your smartphone will then restore its data to the selected backup.
Use Third-Party Apps
Your message might not be gone just because you clicked “delete.”
You might be able to recover deleted iPhone data with a third-party data recovery program even if you don’t utilize iTunes or iCloud to back up your data.
The good thing is that this app works with Android smartphones too.
However, you should be aware that there is a huge market for data recovery apps that don’t really function well.
It is advised to avoid companies if their websites lack any contact information or a clear explanation of how the recovery process will work.
Tips for Getting Old Messages Back
Now that you know how to recover your messages, here are helpful tips you will need:
Contact your Carrier: If you’ve accidentally wiped off your messages, you can contact the cellphone carrier as they still keep old texts
Don’t Use your Personal Phone: Do not use your personal phone to do business, it might be convenient at first but it might become too hard to manage in the long run
Avoid Headaches with Regular Backups: Always maintain your phone with regular backups and updates to help avoid issues like this.
Remember Mistakes happen, so it might not entirely be a problem if you can’t find your messages, with the tips given above, you can still recover them, it is just wise to keep them safe to avoid stress.