How do I Find my Google Text Messages?
Have your been asking questions like “How do I find my Google Text Messages?” Then you are in the right place. Keep reading to know how to access your texts.
We share lots of information in our text messages, from the confidential information of our business or clients or the personal information we share with our loved ones.
So it’s not always easy to look back at your text message folder only for you to discover that all your messages have been erased.
The only thing that would stop you from panicking is if you have taken the necessary steps to secure your messages like backing them up either on your iCloud or Gmail account or even your google drive.
How to find your Google Text Message
There are many ways you can find your google text messages they include:
Checking your Archived Box
Sometimes we tend to archive our private messages maybe because they contain confidential information and we don’t people to be able to access them.
Other times we accidentally archive our messages without knowing that we have done so.
Here are the steps you need to take if you want to check your google text messages on your archived box:
- Open Messages on your Android phone.
- Press the three-dot menu in the upper-right corner.
- Select Archived.
- Long tap the message you want to unarchive and tap the up-arrow icon at the top.
Using the Elcomsoft Cloud Explorer
The Elcomsoft Cloud Explorer 1.30 is another software that helps you extract your google text message.
One of the main purposes of this software is to help people find their messages from their Google accounts. In order to be able to get back your messages you need to do the following:
- Launch Elcomsoft Cloud Explorer 1.30 (or newer)
- Tap File – Add Google Snapshot
- Authenticate into the Google Account by providing your username and password
- If Two-Factor Authentication is enabled, you will be asked to give a secondary authentication code.
- Once the authentication is completed, Ensure you select Messages.
- The software will download the data from the Google Account. This might take a few minutes depending on the number of Android backups stored in that Google Account.
- Once the download is finished, you’ll be able to see your messages.
Finding Text Messages on your Gmail account
Here’s how to find your Google text messages on Gmail only if you backed them up in your Gmail account:
- Log in your Google account.
- Tap on the icon that looks like a flask in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down until you see a Text Messaging (SMS) option. Click on the Enable.
- On the Gmail account, click on the Search button.
- Enter the name of the contact that you’d love to send a message to. It may also be the number that sent you the message.
- Select the contact from the list of options at this point.
- Click on the Send SMS button to send a message.
Whichever steps you think might work that would help you find your google text messages with ease.
It is advisable that you take them so that you access every relevant information you need