How do I Access my Text Messages on Gmail?
How do I Access my Text Messages on Gmail? If you’ve been asking this question, then do not worry, you are in the right place. Keep reading to find out how to access your text.
Gmail is one the most reliable app out there. As an app that is a product of Google, you can trust it to be very credible.
The app has some quality features that you didn’t know you might need. One of those features is Text Messaging (SMS).
So in response to your question, Yes you can definitely access your messages with your Gmail.
We do know that Gmail is a free email service provider. Although accessing your text messages can be a bit difficult, there are of course benefits to doing so.
All you need is an Andriod phone, A Gmail account, and an up-to-date Gmail app
How to Access your Text Messages on Gmail
Your text messages go through the Google Chat window, hence the need for changing from Hangouts to Google Chats.
You can access your text messages in two ways. The first one is for Gmail and the other makes use of the email
Here’s how to access your text messages on your Gmail account;
- Log in to your Google account.
- Tap on the icon that looks like a flask in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down until you see the Text Messaging (SMS) option. Tap on the Enable.
- On your Gmail account, tap on the Search button.
- Type in the name of the contact to that you’d like to send a message.
- Now from the list of options, choose the contact.
- Click on the Send SMS button to send a message.
Note: This will simply allow you to access the text messages through Gmail chat.
How to Access your Messages on Email
This other method involves using your email to send a message with a gateway address. Unlike the first method, email only allows you to send messages but not access the ones that were sent to you.
Here’s how you can access text messages via email in the other way:
- On your Gmail window, click on the Compose
- Now on the “To” section of the email, type in the number of the recipient of your message, then add the service provider.
- With this, you should be able to send a message through Gmail by using the recipient’ number, unlike the first method which only lets you pick from your existing contacts.
Nowadays, relying solely on instant messaging is not advisable. It is far more prone to issues like data loss, connectivity problems, and others. As a result, you need to come up with a strategy for maintaining your routine despite these problems.
Thankfully, Gmail provides a simple text messaging feature that you can use. By now, you should be aware of how to use Gmail to access your text messages and other information that you need.