– HomeServe –
HomeServe provides some of the home warranty industry’s most customizable service plans providing unique coverage for septic systems, plumbing, water heaters, and utility lines at reasonable monthly rates.
They are one of the few home warranty companies that offer nationwide coverage and it checks a lot of our boxes regarding cost, trustworthiness, and customer service.
Depending upon where you live, costs for HomeServe plans have an average starting price of $5.49 a month. Combination plans are also available if you want to mix and match.
Additionally, you can cancel within 30 days for a full refund. Call customer service 24/7. There are no deductibles, and also covered repairs have a one-year guarantee.
One drawback to HomeServe is that it doesn’t provide coverage for appliances, nor does it allow for any add-ons to plans.
However, its plans are so specific that they basically function as add-on coverage.
HomeServe Pros and Cons
- The only home warranty company that doesn’t charge a service fee
- Also, it provides a one-year repair guarantee
- Additionally, it actively supports and cares for homeowners, communities, veterans and also the common good
- No appliance coverage is available
HomeServe Plans and Coverage
1. Plumbing Plans
- Exterior water service line coverage ($7.95)—A water service line warranty can protect against damage to your main water line from age, corrosion, or ground shifting.
- Exterior sewer/septic line coverage ($12.98)—This plan protects your home’s sewer and septic line in the event of clogs or breakage due to invasive tree roots or shifting soil.
- Interior plumbing and drainage system coverage ($18.99)—If you want to cover your main plumbing and drainage system, this plan may be a great option.
2. Heating and Cooling Plans
- Cooling system coverage ($12.99)—With this plan, you’ll receive coverage for your air conditioning system and avoid paying expensive out-of-pocket costs for repairs.
- Also, there is heating coverage ($12.99)—This plan protects your heating system.
- Water heater repair ($6.99)—Ensure that you have hot water flowing throughout your home at all times with this home protection plan.
- Water heater repair and replacement plan ($8.99)—If you want extra protection on your water heater, this plan covers both repairs and replacements.
- Additionally, there is gas line coverage ($4.99)—Your home’s gas line may experience leaks due to aging pipes, valves, and fittings. However, protect against these repairs with a gas line coverage plan.
3. Electrical Plans
- Interior electrical line coverage ($11.99)—Protect your home against power failures or faulty electrical components with this HomeServe plan.
- Exterior electrical line coverage ($5.79)—If your home’s exterior electrical components short circuit without warning, you could be left without power. However, prevent this from happening with an exterior electrical plan.
- Best Bradford White Water Heater Review of 2021
- Rheem Water Heaters Review 2021: All that You Should Know About
- Best Bradford White Water Heater Review of 2021
4. Combination Plans
- Exterior pipe plan ($12.79)—This warranty plan provides protection for your water service line and sewer and septic lines.
- Heating and cooling plan ($15.99)—If you want coverage for both your heating and cooling systems, this plan will help offset the cost of repairs to both systems.
- Home comfort plan ($23.99)—This is one of the more comprehensive HomeServe plans, covering your heating and cooling systems, gas line, and water heater.
- Complete plumbing plan ($33.59)—Perfect for all of your plumbing repairs, this plan covers your sewer and septic line, water service line, interior plumbing, and drainage system, gas line, and also water heater repair and replacement.
- Interior protection plan ($44.79)—This plan covers your interior plumbing and drainage system, interior electric line, heating, and cooling systems, gas line, and water heater system.
- Home plumbing and drainage coverage ($21.98)—This plan covers your sewer line, septic line, and interior plumbing and drainage system.
- Premium home protection plan ($55.99)—This is the most comprehensive plan out of all the plans that HomeServe offers. It covers your sewer and septic line, water service line, interior plumbing and drainage system, exterior and also interior electrical, heating and cooling systems, gas line, and water heater repair and replacement.
5. Combo Plans
Roll all plumbing, electrical, or heating and cooling coverage options into one plan. You can also combine all three under the Interior Protection Plan or Premium Home Protection Plan.
Under the most comprehensive combo plan, the following items are covered:
- Exterior water service line
- Exterior sewer/septic service line
- Gas line
- Interior plumbing and drainage
- Exterior electrical line
- Also, it covers the interior electrical line
- Water heater
- Heating system
- Cooling system
Is HomeServe Worth it?
We recommend home warranties for people living in older homes who are not confident repairing items themselves. And also people who don’t have a large savings fund for household systems emergencies.
Getting coverage on higher-risk, higher-cost repair items is a good investment in securing the functionality of your home.
However, we recommend HomeServe for its specialized coverage, its relatively low contract costs, and its many plan options.
HomeServe is specialized in providing coverage for the critical services in your home, including electrical, plumbing, heat, and air.
Although the company does not provide coverage of the appliance, it is exhaustive and inexpensive to cover their system.
However, we hope, this information has been useful to you, please share it on your media platforms and with friends.