Harley-Davidson Card is a good option if you have poor or no credit. This credit card can help you build or rebuild your financial health while earning points.
The Harley-Davidson Visa Signature Card is a decent credit card for motorcycle fans. It provides good rewards in popular categories, including gas stations, restaurants, bars, hotels, and Harley-Davidson dealerships.
However, all the points this card awards are only redeemable for Harley-Davidson gift cards. If you have no interest in being rewarded with such gift cards, we suggest that you don’t apply.
Harley-Davidson Credit Card
The Harley-Davidson credit card is a reward credit card that is generous with its points—you get points for spending at Harley-Davidson dealerships, but also at gas stations, restaurants, bars, and lodging.
But unlike most credit cards, there is no real cash-back option here. All your rewards points go towards redeeming Harley-Davidson gift cards.
So if you don’t plan on spending any money via Harley-Davidson gift cards, look elsewhere.
Pros and Cons of Harley-Davidson Visa Secured Card
- No annual fee
- Relatively high credit limit
- Rewards on purchases
- A chance to win free prizes
- Above-average benefits
- High interest rate
- Expensive security deposit
- Rewards restricted to Harley-Davidson purchases
What Numbers Should I Know About this Card?
Here are the numbers, fees, rewards, savings, and other values associated with the card:
- Annual fee: $0
- APR: 14.99% to 23.99% variable
- 3 points at Harley-Davidson dealerships
- 2 points at all gas stations, restaurants, bars, and lodging
- 1 point on all other purchases
- Max late fee: $38
- Foreign transaction fee: 3%
Other benefits include:
- Roadside dispatch
- Travel accident insurance
- Visa signature concierge service
You don’t need stellar credit to be approved for the Harley-Davidson® Visa® Secured Card. But you will need to meet a few basic requirements:
- You’re at least 18 years old
- You have a valid Social Security number or taxpayer ID
- You are a US citizen or legal resident.
- Also, you need to have a U.S. Bank checking or savings account
- You can submit proof of your employment status, income and expenses
To apply for a Harley-Davidson® Visa® Secured Card:
1. Go to the U.S. Bank site and find the Harley-Davison Visa Secured Credit Card page. Click Apply Now.
2. You’ll choose from two ways of funding your card: online or by mail.
If you choose to mail in your application and security deposit, you’ll print and complete the application on the next page.
3. Complete your personal, housing, income and employment information. Choose whether you’d like additional cards and input your security deposit details.
Carefully read the terms and conditions and check the box saying that you accept them. Then click Submit.
If your application is approved, U.S. Bank will send you a credit card with a credit line that reflects the amount of your security deposit within 10 business days.
Harley Davidson Secured Card Benefits
Unfortunately, the Harley Davidson Secured Visa is a little light on benefits, even for a secured card. The card is missing many basic protections that are standard for most credit cards, such as extended warranties and price protection.
However, the card does offer a few good benefits:
- VantageScore – When you enroll in Online Banking, you can obtain your TransUnion credit score for free. VantageScore can help you implement goals to improve your credit score. You’ll also receive alerts anytime there are changes to your TransUnion credit report.
- $0 fraud liability – You’re never liable for charges made if your card is lost or stolen.
- Emergency cash and card replacement – If your card is lost or stolen while traveling, you’ll receive an emergency replacement and a cash advance.
Auto rental collision damage waiver – This benefit offers insurance coverage for car rentals made with your Harley Davidson Secured Visa card. It entitles you to reimbursement for damage or theft up to the actual cash value of most rental vehicles.
How to Use the Harley Davidson Secured Card
- Make all payments on time to avoid incurring penalty fees (not to mention a hit to your credit report). Consider signing up for autopay so you don’t forget. Making timely payments is one of the best ways to establish a healthy credit history.
- Consider making a security deposit higher than the $300 minimum. Doing so can help improve your credit utilization ratio, another major factor in your overall credit score.
- Avoid taking cash advances, the fees for which can quickly increase your total amount owed.
- Pay your regular balance in full every month to avoid accruing higher-than-average interest charges. With an APR of 22.99 percent, carrying a balance could make it more difficult to demonstrate your reliability to card issuers – not to mention it’ll eat into your H-D Genuine Rewards.
1. Can I apply for Harley-Davidson Visa Secured Credit Card o0ver the phone?
Yes, you can call 877-742-4766 to apply.
2. Can I get a Harley-Davidson Visa Secured Credit Card even if I don’t have a motorcycle?
Yes, this secured card is perfect for all Harley-Davidson enthusiasts — whether you ride or not.
3. Can I use a Harley-Davidson visa Secured Credit Card only at Harley-Davidson dealerships?
No, this secured card works just like any other Visa card for purchases at the millions of places that accept Visa credit cards.
If you’re looking for a card to build your credit and improve your overall financial health, a secured credit card can get you there especially one that reports to the three credit bureaus.
The no-annual-fee Harley-Davidson® Visa® Secured Card comes with rewards toward merchandise, unlike similar secured cards. Just watch out for a high APR and fees.
Was this article useful? If Yes! Please leave your comment. For more related articles, subscribe to our blog.