What is Giphy slack? You may browse an animated GIF library and send them in Slack using the Giphy app.
Anyone who has access to your workspace after Giphy has been installed can add GIFs to discussions using the attachments and shortcuts menu.
Learn how to send GIFs in Slack by reading on.
What are GIFS?
A US software developer named Steve Wilhite created the GIF (Graphical Interchange Format) in 1987.
As a technique to animate images in the shortest possible file size.
Briefly stated, a GIF is a collection of still images or a soundless movie that plays automatically without the need for a play button.
GIFs become instantly recognizable due to their repetition, much like the beat of the music.
When Should I Apply GIFS?
These amazing animated works add some fun for kids to your timeline.
They’ll keep your audience interested while also preventing your brand from coming out as overly serious.
You can describe a lot with a GIF, whether your objective is to increase brand awareness, forge a brand personality, or produce more viral content.
- 4 Easy Steps to Download & Install Slack on Linux for Ubuntu
- 2 Easy Steps to Download & Install Slack for Mac
- The Definitive Guide to Slack Emojis
- Easy Steps to Save Animated GIFs to the Computer
- how to download gif from giphy on pc
How to Use GIPHY on Slack?
Adding an app that does the tedious work for you is probably the greatest way to share GIFs for fun within Slack.
The Giphy app is probably the most well known of these. To add Giphy to your Slack workspace, follow these steps.
1. From the left sidebar of the Slack desktop or browser client, choose More > Apps.
2. Type “Giphy” into the top search bar.
3. From the list of search results, pick Giphy. After being sent to a new page, choose to Add to Slack and then Add Giphy Integration.
As an alternative, you can open the Giphy app page in the Slack App Directory directly in your preferred web browser, click Add to Slack, then select Add Giphy Integration.
4. After the installation is complete, click the plus sign (+), type “GIF” or “Giphy” into the pop-search for bar, and then choose the Find and share a gif with Giphy shortcut.
5. The search bar that appears after you enter a keyword will show a single randomly selected GIF. Once you’ve found the one you like, press Share after clicking the Shuffle button.
Entering “/giphy your search phrase” (without quotes) into the message box might be a faster way to do the same task.
This will immediately share a random GIF that matches the search word you submitted.
Even better, you can configure the Giphy app to allow you to preview and shuffle this GIF before sharing it.
To achieve this, click the Configuration button after once more choosing More > Apps from the left sidebar, and choosing Giphy from the list of installed apps.
Select the small tick next to the Enable Giphy previews checkbox on the setup page, then click Save Integration.
How to Use Jumpshare to Create Your Own Slack GIF
We can use gIFs for more than just elegant conversational responses.
To explain a concept to your coworkers or lead them through a challenging process, you can create your own GIFs specifically for Slack.
However, unless you know the correct tool to use, recording your screen and turning the result into an animated GIF isn’t the easiest thing to do.
If you don’t, you shouldn’t worry because we do! For Windows and Mac, Jumpshare is a simple-to-use screen-to-GIF recorder. This is how it goes.
1. Install the Jumpshare desktop program after downloading it.
2. Open the app and, if you don’t already have one, register for a Jumpshare account.
3. After it is finished, start a GIF recording by clicking the GIF button at the top of the app. While Jumpshare is open in the background.
You may always press the GIF recording shortcut (Alt + Shift + 3 on Windows or Command + Shift + 8 on Mac). This key combination can be modified by going to Preferences > Shortcuts.
4. If necessary, move or enlarge the recording window, or choose Fullscreen to record everything.
5. Press the Record button to start the recording.
6. Click Draw to instantly highlight important portions of your recording area. You can either pause the recording, delete it, or start again at this point.
7. Press the Finish button when you are finished and satisfied with your recording. The recorded GIF will be automatically uploaded to your Jumpshare library, and its link will be copied to the clipboard.
8. Launch a Slack channel, paste the copied link into the message field, and press Enter. The generated message should contain an animated preview and a link to the GIF.
All there is to it is that! Post some GIFs on Slack right away, and while you’re doing it, tell your team about Jumpshare!