Stores where I can Scan a Document: A List of Various Scanning Centers.
Stores where I can Scan a Document: Often time, some simple but free scanning app or your own single-page scanner oat the head of a printer won’t cut it for a large or amazing scanning task. Perhaps you don’t own a scanner or you’re up on a budget still making it work with just a phone, or maybe it’s a large volume page.
Whatever it is, we have made available to your list of businesses that provide scanning services and/or scanning kiosks where you can speedily and easily get that scanning task taken care of. below are the document scanning services closest to most.
Shipping Stores where you can scan a Document
The majority of FedEx locations have both self-service kiosks and the same team members who can scan things for you. With more than 1,800 locations, there’s likely a FedEx is not very far from you.
- Scanning Charges:
- $0.45 cents for each minute to use a self-serve kiosk to scan and deliver through email
- $0.89 cents for each page to have FedEx scan the document for you and convert thumb drive or CD
- Info: note that if your document is larger than a normal sheet of paper, you won’t be able to use the self-serve kiosk; a FedEx employee must scan it for you.
- Find your closest FedEx location. (Make sure to select a FedEx Office Print & Ship Center, not one of the DropBox or a legal Ship Center locations.)
- Find the above info and more on the FedEx website.
UPS stores are owned by an individual(privately owned company), Hence, every location offers a little different print service, and each location can alter a different price for the service.
- Scanning charges:
- Around $5 for each scan for a document of 10 pages
- Between $10 to $30 for each scan for a document up to 100 pages, long as it is all one document
- Info: We called three different locations to get the average price.
- Find your closest UPS location.
- Find the above info and lot more on the UPS website.
Office Supply Stores where you can Scan a Document
1. Office Depot/OfficeMax
Office Depot is the world’s number one office supply store, plus its chain of OfficeMax stores.
- Scanning charges:
- $2.99 for the first page/ $0.25 for each extra page
- Info: If you decide to use their scanning services, then you would have to sign up for their Rewards+ program, a store loyalty card that will get you 10 percent back on scanning services. The 10 percent back also applies to some other activities in the print shop, for example, making copies or shipping. It can also be used when buying ink and toner.
- Find your nearest closest Depot/OfficeMax location.
- Find the above info and lot more on the Office Depot/OfficeMax website.
Staples always has self-service kiosks at their various locations for scanning your documents, but you must have a credit or debit card to use them.
3. Miscellaneous Places where you can Scan a Document
the countless hotel has business centers for guest use and some of the equipment they use occasionally are printers with scanners. furthermore, if it is a small document, the front desk may be able to scan it for you. The possibility for this to work is if you wait until the front desk administrator is not busy — preferably at night. If you are not a guest of a hotel, you could still ask if they can scan it for you.
the library closest to you is likely able to scan things at volume. If you have a library card and your fine is duly paid, they might help you scan a few pages. Many public libraries charge a little fee (usually 10 cents and some don’t ask for a fee since it’s almost more of a hassle than it’s worth) for scans and/or set a restriction on the volume of pages you can scan, but many also provide the service for free. Call your local library to verify.
Furthermore, if you are a University student or an active member of your school alumni association, your chances of getting a scanner from your school library is high.
Lot’s of travel agencies have scanners in their possession and might be willing to help you out while you’re on the road. If maybe you’re on a journey booked by a travel agent that has many other offices and you can get to one of them, they are very likely to help you out; Nevertheless, any travel agency may take mercy on you and decide to scan your document. If you really need it urgently, it worth asking.
Free Apps You Can Use to Scan Documents
If you have a smartphone and you don’t need to scan a very large volume of documents, you can download an app that would get the job done for you.
With improved and advanced camera technology, these apps permit you to create scans that are just as clear as using the usual scanner.
The CamScanner app is free to download. The app allows you to take a photo of your documents and convert them into PDFs, send them to your cloud storage, save them on your phone, or maybe email them to yourself and others.
You can even photo of different pages and save them as one document. you can download this app with your iPhone or android
Evernote is an excellent productivity app but what you may not know is that it permits you to use your phone to scan documents, including images.
You can convert anything into a PDF with this app, save it in your cloud service, or email it to anyone. You can download this app on your iPhone or android
Genius Scan’s free edition is an amazing app for scanning a little page at a time. You can save different pages into one PDF file and sent it via email to anyone. You can also export the scans to a bigger type of cloud storage options. The app use perspective correction to get an excellent scan.
Finding stores to scan your document can be stressful often time especially if it’s urgent. Luckily, there are different places to get the job done.
Keep in mind that if you need to scan a large volume file, UPS is most likely your best budget-friendly option, if however if it’s only a page or two, your best option is probably your local library or a free scanner app.