Easy Steps on How to Fix Windows 10 Sleep Mode Issues.
Fix Windows 10 Sleep Mode Issues: When the system enters the low power state, it automatically goes under the Sleep Mode phase. Or, sometimes we deliberately use this feature to get a break from our Desktop.
If your PC suddenly wakes up from sleep mode, or won’t even enter sleep mode in the first place, you probably have the bug. Similar stories cropped up in support threads and bug reports following the September 2020 update rollout, including reports of laptops staying on despite being closed.
If this sounds familiar, a similar bug plagued the May 2020 update. Luckily, the same workaround that fixed the bug in May works here, too.
- System Service Exception Error in Windows: What it is & How to Fix It
- Best Ways to Troubleshoot 100% Disk Usage in Windows 10
- What is the TrustedInstaller Error Message & How Can It be Avoided
- Having a Slow Startup with Windows 10? Simple Ways to Fix this Issue
How to Fix Sleep Mode Issues on Windows 10 After Version 2004
One way to fix the problem is by using Windows Update’s Settings to schedule those updates and reboots and prevent the update service from running at odd hours.
Once done, you would need to reboot your computer and try the sleep mode again.
If you’re unable to fix the sleep mode issues by tweaking your update schedule, you can also try these advanced steps:
- Open Windows Search.
- Search for ‘Services. msc’.
- In the Services window, look for ‘Windows Update’ service
5 Common Windows 10 Sleep Mode Issues
Windows 10 Sleep Mode Not Waking Up
Many users are reporting their Windows 10 does not wake up from Sleep Mode and moving the mouse and keyboard keys won’t help.
Well, this is a common problem and is fixable but first, check out why the computer not wakes up from sleep mode and then try out the best way to tackle the Windows 10 issues with sleep mode.
- Due to the interference of some programs or process with the resumption of sleep
- Outdated drivers
- Virus infection
- If the hybrid sleep option is enabled in settings
To fix the Windows 10 computer won’t wake up from the sleep mode issue, follow these solutions:
- Make sure the device drivers are updated
- For the mouse and keyboard, Allow this device to wake the computer setting option is checked as this allows the mouse and keyboard to wake up the computer from the sleep mode.
- If these fixes won’t work, then disable the Hybrid sleep option.
To disable it open the Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Power Options > Edit Plan Settings, then click on Change advanced power settings, and for your power plan change the setting to Off.
Windows 10 Sleep Too Fast
Well, this is not a very common problem, many times the lockout happens too often.
Why the computer goes into sleep mode is based on power management that caters both for the security and saving power, but in some cases, this is too fast and it starts causing an issue.
So, here check out the complete information about how to fix the Windows 10 sleep too fast issue.
There are plenty of reasons responsible for why the Windows 10 sleep too early such as the lockout feature that confirms if your computer is locked, or sleep is unattended, due to screensaver settings, or due to outdated device drivers.
Now check out the given troubleshooting steps to fix Windows 10 sleep too fast.
- Try the below-given fixes to get rid of the Windows 10 sleep too early.
- Run the Power troubleshooter: Running the power troubleshooter, will help you to fix the issue, despite this, it also helps you to fix any of the above issues. Follow the steps to do so:
- Press Windows + R key and type Control Panel in the Run box.
- Click on the View by and choose Large Icons.
- And double click on Troubleshooting > click View all
- Click Power > choose Next to run the troubleshooter.
If you found this article helpful, kindly leave a comment and share.