– Does Walmart Accept SNAP EBT? –
Does Walmart Accept SNAP EBT? If you have been approved for an EBT Card and want to know what you can buy with EBT at Walmart, we have the information you need, including a complete list of the items approved for purchase with your food stamps card.
Does Walmart Accept SNAP EBT?
Walmart Grocery Pickup is rolling out SNAP EBT payment options that allow families using SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) benefits to pay via EBT card.
This is part of Walmart’s ongoing commitment to offer a convenient shopping experience for all customers, no matter how they shop or pay.
How Walmart Grocery Pickup SNAP/EBT Payments work:
- Order: Order groceries at walmart.com/grocery or on the Walmart Grocery mobile app
- Checkout: During checkout, select EBT Cardas payment method
- Pickup: Swipe EBT card with the Walmart associate when you arrive at the pickup location
When you get to the Walmart Pickup location, the Walmart Associate will know that you are an EBT customer and will swipe your EBT card to pay for those items that are EBT-eligible. For any items that are not EBT-eligible, the Associate will then take payment with another credit/debit card.
Which States Can Use SNAP At Walmart?
The following States are part of the online program that allows people to buy from the retail giants:
- Alabama (as well as Wright’s Markets, Inc.)
- New York (as well as ShopRite)
To find out whether you are eligible for SNAPS, contact your local state agency for more information.
What Can I Buy With SNAP?
Only certain products can be bought with SNAP. These are:
- Fruits and vegetables
- Meat, poultry, and fish
- Dairy products
- Breads and cereals
- Other foods such as snack foods and non-alcoholic beverages
- Seeds and plants, which produce food for the household to eat
Households cannot use SNAP benefits to buy:
- Beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes, or tobacco
- Vitamins, medicines, and supplements—if an item has a Supplement Facts label, it is considered a supplement and is not eligible for SNAP purchase
- Live animals (except shellfish, fish removed from water, and animals slaughtered prior to pick-up from the store)
- Prepared Foods fit for immediate consumption
- Hot foods
- Any nonfood items such as:
- Pet foods
- Cleaning supplies, paper products, and other household supplies.
- Hygiene items, cosmetics
For a full list of approved food items, see the Food Stamps Eligible Food List here.
How do I place an order using my EBT card At Walmart?
At most stores, you can pay for your order using an EBT card when you arrive. Follow these steps to place an EBT order:
- Select your pickup location, timeslot, and add items to your cart. Then, tap or click Check out.
- On the Select payment method screen, select the EBT card Then, tap or click Continue.
- Bring your EBT card to the pickup location. A Walmart Associate will process your payment when you arrive.
Add your EBT card to your account:
- Go to your account in the app or the website.
- Tap or click Payment methods.
- If your local store accepts EBT Online, you’ll see an option to add your EBT card to your account.
- Add your card information. Then, tap or click Save Card.
Place your order:
- Toggle the EBT card switch on the Select payment method
- Enter the EBT food or EBT cash amount you’d like to use.
- Tap or click Continue to complete your transaction.
We’ll like you to give us your take on this. If you think this article was helpful, don’t hesitate to share this information on your Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram platforms.