– Does Sprouts Accept EBT? –
Does Sprouts Accept EBT? Everyone who is approved for a food stamp would love to know where to use their EBT Card. If you have an EBT card and you want to know if Sprouts Farmers Market accepts it, please read on to get detailed information.
About Sprouts Farmers Market
Sprouts Farmers Market, Inc. operates a chain of retail grocery stores. The Company offers meats, cheese, dairy products, bakery, beer and wine, bulk foods, vitamins, and supplements. Sprouts Farmers Market serves customers throughout the United States.
What is the Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT)?
Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) is an electronic system that allows a recipient to authorize the transfer of their government benefits from a federal account to a retailer account to pay for products received. EBT is used in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and Guam since June 2004.
What’s the EBT Card?
- EBT = electronic benefits transfer.
- EBT card. This is a card that looks and works like a debit or credit card. However, this card is loaded with food stamps and/or cash benefits. You can use it at stores that accept EBT.
Do Sprouts Accept EBT?
Sprouts Farmers Market accepts EBT cards at all of its stores. Note that Sprouts Farmers Market only accepts EBT for in-store purchases, not online or catering orders.
Where can’t I use my EBT Card?
You cannot use your EBT Card at the following locations:
- Poker Rooms
- Card Rooms
- Smoke & Cannabis Shops
- Adult Entertainment Businesses
- Tattoo & Piercing Shops
- Spa/Massage Salons
- Bingo Halls
- Bail Bonds
- Gun/Ammo Stores
- Cruise Ships
- Psychic Readers
Foods and Products Not Eligible for Purchase with the EBT Card
- Hot foods from deli/foods eaten in store
- Vitamins or medication
- Pet food
- Paper or cleaning products
- Alcohol/tobacco products.
For a full list of approved food items, see the Food Stamps Eligible Food List here.
How to Use EBT at Sprouts Farmers Market
EBT works like a standard debit card would; just swipe it through the card reader and enter your pin to pay for your groceries.
However, if you don’t have enough funds on your EBT card to cover your entire purchase, swipe your EBT card first. You can then complete your purchase with a second form of payment, such as cash, debit, or credit.
Do Sprouts Accept WIC?
Sprouts Farmers Market does not accept WIC — a program similar to SNAP, but available only to women, infants, and children.
WIC benefits are valid on a particular list of foods, such as fortified bread and baby formula from specific brands. Because of these additional restrictions, Sprouts Farmers Market cannot accept WIC at its stores, customer service representatives told us.
- Debit and credit cards (Sprouts also accepts mobile payments from the above through Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, and Android Pay)
- EBT cards
- Sprouts gift cards
- Credit or EBT: A refund will be made to your credit card or EBT card. Receipt and original card required.
- Check kept for a deposit (manual check), Gift Card, or No receipt: A gift card will be issued.
- Cash/Debit/Electronic Checks: A refund will be made in cash. Receipt reflecting the form of payment as cash, debit, or electronic check required.
We hope this article was helpful. Kindly share it with friends and kindly drop your comments below.