Cumberland Farms, also known as Cumby’s, is a regional convenience store chain headquartered in Westborough, Massachusetts, with locations primarily in New York, New England, and Florida. In eight states, Cumberland Farms operates 566 retail stores, gas stations, and a support system. Read through to answer the question: Does Cumberland farms take EBT?
Does Cumberland farms take EBT?
Cumberland Farms authorized store locations to accept EBT cards. Cumberland Farms accepts EBT for the purchase of nutritious groceries such as fruit, vegetables, meat, cereal, whole wheat bread, grains, canned fish, juice, and milk.
Cumberland Farms accepts food stamps at any of their store locations, but not online. Continue reading to learn more about the food items available at Cumberland Farms with your EBT card.
Shopping at Cumberland Farms with EBT
You probably don’t have a Cumberland Farms membership card if you haven’t shopped there yet. You will not be able to enter the Cumberland Farms warehouses if you are not a member.
You must first purchase a Cumberland Farms membership. Cumberland Farms members are the only ones who can make purchases in person.
You can shop at Cumberland Farms if you’re accompanied by a member or have someone else’s membership card.
- Applying for SNAP Benefits in Tennessee
- What you can buy with SNAP
- Easy Ways to Get More Food Stamps 2021 Updates
- Does Fast Food Restaurants Accept EBT Food Stamps?
Cumberland Farms’ Policy On EBT
Cumberland Farms has many store locations throughout the United States that accept EBT benefits. Most of these stores use WIC labels to help you distinguish between the items you can buy with your EBT card and those you can’t.
For items not covered by the SNAP program, an alternate payment method must be used. Items purchased with an EBT card can be returned within Cumberland Farms’ standard 90-day return policy.
However, because it is against federal law, they will not give you cash refunds for returning EBT items. Cumberland Farms may credit your EBT card, and give you store benefits, a gift card, or an identical item in the event of a product return.
Does Cumberland Farms accept Food Stamps and EBT Cards?
Cumberland Farms has around 1900+ store locations though out the US. It accepts SNAP EBT cards at every one of their 1,900+ stores in every state.
Is Cumberland Farms an Approved WIC Retailer?
WIC is available in all 50 states, 34 Indian tribes, American Samoa, the District of Columbia, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.
It is the responsibility of each state to allow stores to accept WIC checks. At a minimum, the State will consider food prices, the store’s owner’s business integrity, including whether they have disqualified the owner from SNAP.
Currently, nearly 46,000 stores are authorized to accept WIC checks. Costco’s status as a WIC-approved retailer is determined by your specific city and state.
- How to Know Your Washington EBT Card Balance from Home
- Rhode Island EBT Card Balance: How to Check Your EBT Balance
- New Mexico EBT Card Balance: Steps to Check your EBT Card Balance
- What Can You Buy With EBT at Walmart?
Food Stamp Benefits
EBT cards are a type of government assistance that have been available since the early 2000s. They went by a variety of names and were part of the supplemental nutrition assistance program.
Through these, the federal government provides food assistance.
1. Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program/SNAP Benefits
SNAP is simply an improved version of food stamps. People can now have their food stamps accepted using an EBT card rather than physically carrying them around.
2. Temporary Assistance For Needy Families/TANF Benefits
Another application for EBT cards is TANF. The federal government allows needy families to use an EBT card in a variety of ways, including purchasing essential household items besides food.
You could withdraw money from an ATM using TANF, just as you would with a visa or debit card. You can now use this money to make additional purchases, much like Cumberland Farms cash cards.
How Do you use EBT at Cumberland Farms?
Follow these steps to use your EBT card to pay at Cumberland Farms!
‣ When you arrive at an operating register, separate your EBT eligible products from regular items before loading the checkout.
‣ Your cashier usually rings up your food items when you want to pay for your purchases.
‣ Then, at the point-of-sale (POS), swipe or insert your card and enter your PIN.
‣ You must inform your cashier of the specific account, either SNAP or Cash, from which your order will be charged.
‣ You can confirm the charges by re-entering your PIN on the POS keypad.
‣ Often, a supervisor or manager will ask for photo identification to verify that the EBT you want to use is in your name.
‣ They will then deduct the purchase total from your SNAP or Cash account as per your directions.
It is always important to keep your receipt while shopping because it will help prevent mischarges and show you the most recent balance on your EBT card.
- Jobs that Don’t Drug Test
- Highest Paying Plasma Donation Centers
- Mediterranean Food Near Me
- Food to Eat When You Don’t Have Money
- Thai Food Near Me
Can You Use Your Food Stamps For Online Purchases at Cumberland Farms?
Cumberland Farms does not accept EBT cards for online purchases. EBT cannot be used to pay for grocery delivery or curbside pickup at Cumberland Farms.
Cumberland Farms only accepts EBT cards for in-store purchases.
Do Cashiers Know When You Use EBT?
At most grocery stores, cashiers would know when you use an EBT card to pay for your groceries because you have to tell the machine what type of card you’re using.
When you use your EBT card to pay for your order of self-checkout, your card looks like any other ATM card, and it won’t be noticeable that you’re paying with SNAP benefits.
Meanwhile, if you’re paying with an EBT card at a smaller store or a local grocery store, you’ll need to tell your cashier that you’re paying with EBT before swiping the card.
Items you Can Buy With Food Stamps at Cumberland Farms?
EBT cards typically cover the cost of nutritious essential groceries. Here is a list of EBT-eligible items available on Cumberland Farms EBT food packages:
- Breakfast cereal
- Meats and poultry
- Fruit and vegetables
- Pasta, rice, and tortillas
- Canned legumes and fish
- Whole wheat bread and other whole grains
- Juice (shelf-stable, non-carbonated)
- Tofu and soy products
- Peanut butter
Things you Can’t Buy at Cumberland Farms With Food Stamp
They placed some restrictions on the items you can buy using your EBT card. Some of the products that are prohibited include:
- Beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes, or tobacco
- Vitamins, medicines, and supplements.
- Live animals (except shellfish, fish and animals).
- Foods that are hot when sold.
- Cleaning supplies
- Paper products
- Pet foods
- Hygiene items
Is The Return Policy Different For EBT Purchases?
No, by law, the store must apply the same return policy that applies to regular purchases to all EBT purchases. This policy includes food and grocery items.
If they completely satisfied you with an item, you may return it to Costco at ANY time for a full refund or exchange.
Customers can currently use their EBT cards to purchase groceries at Cumberland Farms authorized stores. Formula and infant specialist items are also approved by WIC.
You must confirm which Cumberland Farms store will accept your EBT cards for in-store purchases only. You cannot pay for goods or fund deliveries online.
We hope you find this article helpful. Please share with family and friends.