– Costco App –
Did you know you could save both time and money by downloading the Costco app and shopping on the go. You can score all the great deals and Costco promo codes, You can get directions to the closest Costco location, as well as order photo books straight from your phone’s photo library.
These and more are some of the things you need to know about the Costco mobile app. Read on to find out everything you should know.
About Costco App
The Costco Mobile App is the easiest way to save time and money on the go. The Costco photo and groceries app aim to provide customers with up-to-date information and insight on products and services.
Browse Costco online unique and expanded selection faster with the smooth Costco app, which offers thousands of items not found at your local warehouse. Enjoy having items delivered straight to your door.
- Your membership card is now available on the Costco app. Enter the warehouse and begin checkout at the register by using the Digital Membership Card on your phone.
- Savings: With the Costco Mobile App you’ll always have the latest warehouse savings right on your device.
- Shop: Members can shop Costco.com’s unique, expanded selection, offering thousands of items not found at your local warehouse, delivered straight to your door.
- Warehouse Info: See details about your nearest Costco including hours of operation and holiday hours, and navigate straight to the warehouse.
- Shopping List: Keep track of the items you want to pick up on your next trip to Costco.
- Photos: Order prints, wall décor or photo gifts anywhere, anytime.
- Pharmacy: Order prescription refills & check status on prescriptions. Get refill reminders, track your medications, manage family accounts, transfer prescriptions, and find a Costco pharmacy.
- Feedback: Costco is always looking for ways to improve your experience. Tap Feedback and tell us what you think of our mobile app, website or warehouse.
Pros and Cons
- Articles for Costco products and services written specifically for the app
- Ability to refill prescriptions via the app
- Ability to upload photos to be developed
- Can search for the nearest Costco location
- Most of the product links go directly to Costco’s website
- Doesn’t really help to make the shopping experience any easier
Save Lots of Money
Many of the benefits that the Costco app is based on are right there as soon as you launch the software. It installs into your Newsstand which helps eliminate clutter on your home screen.
You can refill your prescriptions, upload photos to be developed, and find the closest Coscto store to your present location. It also provides multiple articles in regards to Costco’s many products and services.
Access your costco membership card from the home page of the app. Use your membership card to enter the warehouse and at checkout.
Order metal prints, acrylic prints or costco photo mugs directly from the app. Have them delivered to your door or pick them up at select Costco locations.
The Costco App Finally Gets Digital Membership Card Functionality
If you often shop at Costco, its paid membership program gives you a bunch of advantages such as cash rewards on purchases, gift card deals, travel offers, and various discounts.
Until now, Costco’s service had one considerable first-world problem: You’d have to carry your membership card with you when you shopped. An update to Costco’s app finally allows you to ditch that card and use a digital version instead.
To start using it in the app, you have to verify your membership first — if you haven’t done that online already. Once that’s out of the way, you can access the card through a FAB (floating action button) sitting at the bottom of the app whenever you check out at Costco.
You’ll need to update your app to a version higher than 4.0.0 via the Play Store. Alternatively, you can download the latest release over at APK Mirror.
Why Use the App When the Website Works Just Fine
Basically the app is just the Costco website streamlined into categories. Aside from refilling medications and uploading photos to be developed, the app is relatively useless.
It won’t help you make your shopping experience easier. All of the information on specials, or products, is found on the Costco website.
Aside from the articles specifically written for the app, the only time-saving feature is not having to type in a URL into a web browser. In fact, many of the product links in the app just open your web browser and redirect you to Costco’s website.
The Costco Anywhere Visa Card
Citi offers a helpful mobile app that lets you track your purchases, see your balance, and pay your credit card bill using your mobile device.
1. It has a robust rewards program
While experts usually don’t recommend signing up for a store credit card, the Costco Anywhere Visa® Card is an exception, thanks in part to its tiered rewards program that benefits gas guzzlers, foodies, and frequent travelers.
Here are the rewards you earn:
- 4% cash back on eligible gas for the first $7,000 per year and then 1% thereafter
- 3% cash back on restaurants and eligible travel purchases
- 2% cash back on all other purchases from Costco and Costco.com
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
2. Costco purchases don’t earn the highest cash-back rate
Though this card is co-branded with Costco, purchases at the store don’t earn the highest amount of cashback. You earn 2% cashback on purchases from Costco and Costco.com.
While this may seem rather low, if you frequently shop at Costco for groceries, it can still help you maximize your savings.
- Does Costco take EBT?
- Return Policy of Costco Optical
- Costco Holiday Hours 2021
- Does Whole Foods Accept EBT Cards for Groceries?
- Places to Make Cheap Copies
- Fast-food Restaurants that Accept EBT
- Does Target Accept EBT Card
3. You can only collect rewards once a year
The cashback you earn with the Costco Anywhere Visa® Card is provided via an annual reward certificate once your February billing statement closes.
To redeem the certificate for a check or merchandise, you have to head to a U.S. Costco Warehouse. That may come as an unexpected surprise if you didn’t read the fine print.
4. You have to be a costco member
While the card itself has no annual fee, cardholders must have a paid Costco membership, which starts at $60 for Gold Star and Business levels, then doubles in price to $120 for Gold Star Executive and Business Executive members.
If you’re already a Costco member, this isn’t really an added cost. But if you’re considering this card and already have a membership with BJ’s or Sam’s Club, you may think twice about adding the cost of another warehouse club membership.
5. The card offers helpful perks for travelers
Frequent travelers will benefit from the various perks provided by the Costco Anywhere Visa Card, which include travel and emergency assistance, worldwide travel accident insurance, and worldwide car rental insurance.
Additionally, there are no foreign transaction fees, so purchases made outside the U.S. won’t incur the typical 3% charge. This can add up to substantial savings if you regularly travel abroad.
6. Rich rewards on dining and travel
The 3% cashback on dining and travel is unlimited. That’s as good as the rate offered by some premium travel cards with annual fees in the hundreds of dollars.
7. No foreign transaction fees
Unlike many other cash-back credit cards, the Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi charges no extra fee on purchases abroad.
If you travel internationally, you’ll continue earning rewards without facing a 3% penalty on every purchase you make.
We hope this article has been helpful to you. Please share it with anyone you think will appreciate the information and kindly drop your comment below.