– Walmart Return Policy –
Walmart Return Policy: a customer may want to return an item he or she bought. Walmart in situations like this has set up policies to address these issues. Most items bought at Walmart stores or on Walmart’s website can be returned without a receipt within 90 days of purchase or delivery.
Furthermore, some items such as cell phones, have a return window shorter than 90 days. Returns aren’t available for final sale items at any time, with or without a receipt. Continue below for more details about Walmart’s return policy with no receipt.
Walmart Returns Without a Receipt
As stated in Walmart’s corporate policies, Walmart usually accepts returns within 90 days of purchase date without a receipt.
Any Walmart store can process returns for most items purchased in-store or on Walmart.com. It does not have to be the store the item was purchased from, though store managers do have the discretion to refuse a return.
Online orders can be looked up in your Walmart.com account. Items eligible for return will have the option to print a store returns receipt, so not having a receipt shouldn’t be an issue when returning a Walmart.com purchase.
Items that may not be Returned Without a Receipt
1. Within 14 days of purchase with a receipt:
- Contract cellular devices
2. Within 15 days of purchase with a receipt:
- Drones, computers, camcorders, digital cameras, music players, tablets, e-readers, portable video players, GPS units, new and refurbished video game hardware, prepaid cell phones, hoverboards, electric bikes, electric scooters, smartwatches, activity trackers, radio-controlled vehicles, and printers (excluding 3D printers)
3. Within 30 days of purchase with a receipt
- 3D printers, 3D printing suppliers, 3D printing products, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, pressure washers, and generators
4. Within 90 days of purchase with a receipt and if unopened and sealed:
- CDs, movies and TV shows on DVD or Blu-ray, audiotapes, videotapes, and video games
Furthermore, the following items are final sale, meaning you cannot return them with or without a receipt:
- Diabetic products including meters, strips, lancets, lancet devices, and syringes
- Firearms, ammunition, and pepper spray
- Gas-powered mini bikes, dirt bikes, go-karts, UTVs, and ATVs
- Gift cards
- Minutes for prepaid cellular phones
- Over-the-counter drugs that contain pseudoephedrine and Pseudotropine
- Perishable food items
- Prescription drugs
- Software delivered via email
- Video game download cards
Gift Cards Policy
Some states require by law that gift cards be returnable or refundable.
If you live in one of the following states or territories, you should contact your local Walmart for details about its gift card return policy: California, Colorado, Massachusetts, Maine, Montana, New Jersey, Oregon, Washington, Texas, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, or Vermont.
Making a Walmart Return Without a Receipt
If you need to return a Walmart purchase without a receipt, take your item to the customer service counter. Be sure you have all of the original packaging and any accessories.
Let the employee know you don’t have a receipt. The employee will then start the refund verification process.
You will need to present a valid government-issued photo ID such as a driver’s license or military ID. Walmart will use information from your ID to keep track of your returns without a receipt in their system. Walmart may deny future return requests from customers with excessive returns on record.
The reason for your return will determine how your return is processed. Cash refunds are only available for items without a receipt if the item you’re returning is less than $25.
If your item is equal to or greater than $25, you will be given a Walmart gift card instead. If your item is defective, Walmart may help you send it back to the manufacturer for repair.
The store might also give you the option of making an exchange for another of the same item or choosing a replacement.
Store managers may deny returns at their discretion. If the store manager you’re speaking with does not approve your return without a receipt, you can visit another Walmart store near you and attempt to return the item there instead.
For Receipted Returns
If an item is returned within the allowable return period with a receipt, the refund will be returned to the original method of payment.
- Cash or Check: If a customer has a receipt and the item was purchased with cash or check, the customer may receive a cash refund.
- Credit Card: If the item was purchased using a credit card, any refund is required to be issued to that same credit card. If the original credit card is not present and is not available through scanning the TC number on the receipt, the refund will be processed onto a shopping card/gift card.
- Debit: in a situation where an item was purchased using a debit card and the receipt shows debit tend, the refund should be placed back on the debit card if available, or cash can be provided. If the receipt does not show ‘debit tend’ the refund is required to be issued to the same debit card. If the debit card is not present and is not available through scanning the TC number on the receipt, the refund will be processed onto a shopping card/gift card.
For Non-Receipted Returns
Walmart will accept a non-receipted return or exchange provided it meets the following conditions:
- The refund verification process accepts the return.
- The customer’s government-issued ID has not been altered and is accepted by Walmart.
To return or exchange items without a receipt, the customer is required to present a valid government-issued photo ID. Information from the customer ID will be stored in a secured database of returns activity that Walmart uses to authorize returns.
If an item is returned within the allowable return period without a receipt and the refund verification process accepts it, the following options are available:
- If available, the customer may send the merchandise to the manufacturer for repair.
- The merchandise may be exchanged for another item.
- The merchandise may be returned and a cash refund provided if the refund value of the returned item is less than $25.
The merchandise will be returned and a shopping/gift card provided to the customer if the refund value of the returned merchandise is equal to or greater than $25 in value.
- Walmart Cell Phone Return Policy
- Walmart Laptop Return Policy
- Does Walmart Accept SNAP EBT?
- What Is The Walmart Return Policy On TV
- Walmart Return Policy for Opened Items
WIC Eligible Items
A WIC eligible item is any items that are listed on the applicable state WIC approved food list. A WIC purchased item is any item on the applicable state WIC approved food list that is purchased with a valid WIC food instrument (e.g., WIC Voucher, EBT Card, WIC CVV, etc.).
A current copy of the state-specific WIC approved Food List must be available at the Customer Service Desk. A WIC eligible item can be returned for a cash refund/credit or gift card only if the customer has a receipt showing the item was not purchased with WIC.
A customer has a receipt showing a purchase was made with WIC
- The items can only be exchanged for an identical item.
- The customer must have formal documentation from the WIC agency to allow an exception.
A customer has a receipt for WIC eligible item showing purchase was NOT made with WIC
- The item can be returned for a cash refund/credit or gift card. (See “Receipted returns” sections of this policy for restrictions.)
- The customer does not have a receipt for WIC eligible item.
SNAP Eligible (Food Stamp) Items
A SNAP eligible item is defined by the USDA as any food or food product for home consumption and specifically excludes certain items from being purchased with SNAP benefits.
A SNAP purchased item is any item purchased with a SNAP benefit. For more information on eligible items, refer to the SNAP Retailer Training Guide on the Wire or contact the Store Support Hotline (700-Walmart) and select “compliance” when prompted.
We hope this article has been helpful to you. Please share it with anyone you think will appreciate the information and kindly drop your comment below.