Chase Freedom Credit Card Bonus and Other Benefits
– Chase Freedom Credit Card –
Chase Freedom Credit Card: Thinking of yourself as a cashback reward person? And also you are very good at planning a schedule. Then you need to consider the Chase Freedom Card. Chase Freedom® gives a 5% back on your first $1,500 spent in rotating bonus categories.
With holiday shopping looming, the department store category is sure to be a lucrative option for Freedom cardholders. Plus, PayPal and Chase Pay are both very flexible, allowing users to rack up cash back anywhere they can use the payment solutions. Read on to learn more about Chase Freedom Credit Card.
Overview of the Chase Freedom Credit Card
The Chase Freedom is a great no-annual fee credit card, that earns you points that can be indirectly transferred to frequent flyer and hotel loyalty programs.
Chase Freedom is technically a cashback card only and points earned using the Chase Freedom cannot be directly transferred to airlines and hotel programs.
However, if you have a Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Ink Business Preferred, or Ink Plus you can transfer your points from your Chase Freedom account to one of those cards and then from there to the various Ultimate Rewards travel partners.
At a Glance
- You can begin activating the fourth quarter bonus categories on Sept. 15, 2019, to earn 5 percent cashback.
- From Oct. 1 to Dec. 31, 2019, cardholders can earn 5 percent cash back at department stores, and on PayPal and Chase Pay purchases.
- The 5 percent cash back bonus is capped at $1,500 in combined purchases per quarter.
- All other purchases earn 1 percent cash back.
Tips for maximizing your 5 percent cash back
- Use your Freedom card for all department store purchases.
- Make Chase Pay your primary payment method at merchants who accept the mobile wallet.
- Link your Freedom card to your PayPal account, and pay through the service whenever possible.
- Consider buying holiday gifts at merchants who accept Chase Pay or PayPal.
What Makes Chase Freedom a Valuable Rewards Card?
It’s worth repeating that you pay no annual fee for the Chase Freedom card, which makes its cashback rewards all the more valuable. Plus, when you open an account, you can earn a $150 bonus when you spend $500 in the first three months.
You can earn additional cashback bonuses by purchasing through Chase’s online shopping mall, which pays up to 3 percent cash back on purchases made through selected merchants.
Finally, you can take as long as you want to redeem your cashback rewards because there is no deadline.
Chase First Bonus Category for 2018/2019
Below are the listed categories available;
- Gas stations
- Internet, cable, and phone services
- Mobile wallet purchases–Chase Pay, Android Pay, Apple Pay, and Samsung Pay
The mobile wallet category is new and expands your spending opportunities to any purchases you make using your Chase Freedom card through mobile wallets. That could include groceries, restaurants, membership clubs, you name it.
The key to maximizing your cashback rewards on the Chase Freedom card knows what the spending categories are and when they are scheduled. For that, you can turn to the Chase Freedom bonus category calendar.
- 1st quarter (January 1, 2018- March 31, 2018) – Gas Stations, internet/cable/phone services, Chase Pay, Android Pay, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay.
- 2nd quarter (April 1, 2018 – June 30, 2018) – Grocery stores (not including Walmart and Target), PayPal and Chase Pay.
- 3rd quarter (July 1, 2018 – September 30, 2018) – Gas Stations, Lyft and Walgreens.
- 4th quarter (October 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018) – Department Stores, Wholesale Clubs and Chase Pay.
The Chase Freedom 5% bonus categories for 2019 are as follows:
1st quarter (January 1, 2019- March 31, 2019) – Gas Stations, Tolls, Drugstores.
2nd quarter (April 1, 2019 – June 30, 2019) – Grocery Stores (not including Walmart and Target Purchases) and Home Improvement Stores.
3rd quarter (July 1, 2019 – September 30, 2019) – Gas stations and select streaming services.
4th quarter (October 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019) – PayPal, Chase Pay & Department Stores. Activate by December 14, 2019 here.
PayPal and Chase Pay Category
To qualify for the PayPal bonus, cardholders can use their Chase Freedom connected to their PayPal account. Payments made online, in the PayPal app, or on third-party sites all qualify for the rate.
Similarly, Chase Freedom cardholders who pay using the Chase Pay app or any third-party retailers that offer the solution can earn the bonus. Chase recently announced a renewed focus on integrating Chase Pay across thousands of retail websites, so check your favorite merchant’s checkout platform next time you shop.
Comparing Chase and Discover Bonus Categories
Chase isn’t the only card issuer that offers a 5 percent cashback bonus. Upon enrollment, Discover also allows cardholders to earn 5 percent cash back on up to $1,500 in combined spending in categories that rotate quarterly.
|Chase Freedom®||Discover it® Cash Back|
|January – March||Gas stations, drugstores and tolls||Grocery Stores|
|April – June||Grocery stores and home improvement stores||Grocery stores and home improvement stores|
|July – September||Gas stations and select streaming services||Restaurants and PayPal|
|October – December||Department stores, PayPal and Chase Pay||Department stores, PayPal and Chase Pay|
We hope this article has been helpful to you. Please share it with anyone you think will appreciate the information and kindly drop your comment below.