Can you Just Message Someone on Instagram?
Can you just message someone on Instagram? Instagram’s direct messaging function enables you to communicate with anyone who has an account on the social media network. Users can also message one another on Instagram without following each other or vice versa.
Swiping left on the home screen will allow you to start a new message and send it to someone, or you can tap “Message” on their profile page.
You can add multiple recipients to an Instagram message to send it to a number of people at the same time.
You can interact openly and privately with followers, mutual users, and other Instagram users while using Instagram.
To use the app’s private messaging feature, you don’t have to follow or be followed by that user, and only the recipients can see these messages.
You can also message a number of individuals at once in addition to sending text and photographs to one person.
Can you Send Messages with Direct Message?
Users of Instagram Direct message (DM) can share their own photos and videos as well as posts from their feeds.
They can also use disappearing images and video features (similar to Snapchat), other users’ Instagram stories, hashtags, and location pages.
Additionally, with the Instagram green dot next to the user’s profile image, it will help show when they are logged in and open to chat.
You can send an Instagram DM to one person or a group chat of up to 32 people. (Consider creating an Instagram close friends list if you want to share private Instagram stories with more than 32 people.)
How to Message Someone on Instagram From the Home Screen
To go about sending messages to someone on Instagram from the home screen, follow the steps below.
- On your smartphone, open the Instagram app. From the home screen, swipe left or tap the airplane icon in the top-right corner.
- At the top right of the screen, tap the New Message icon.
- Add each recipient you want to include in the message. You can add more than one recipient or choose a single Instagram user.
- In the top right corner of the screen, tap “Chat.”
- Enter the message and then add an image, audio, or video.
- When you are done, select “Send.”
Message Someone From their Instagram Profile Page
Sending messages to someone from their Instagram profile page can be easy, ensure you follow the steps provided below.
- Find and open the desired person’s profile page in the Instagram app.
- Select “Message.”
- Enter the message and, if you’d like, add an image, a video, audio, or Giphy.
- Tap “Send” when you’re ready to send it.
When it comes to Instagram messages, you can always find your way around it but you must ensure that you get conversant with the privacy settings. This will help you not receive messages from people you don’t want to have a conversation with.