Can I view messenger messages from Instagram? If you have ever wondered how to go about getting messenger messages from Instagram, you are not alone. This question is mostly asked by people who don’t have a strong knowledge of the app. We will however provide you with ways to go about viewing your messages.
Not so long ago, messenger messages for Instagram were rolled out as a feature that allows many users to connect their Instagram account directly with Messenger.
This will mean that it will be possible to send and receive messages from messenger to Instagram and vice versa.
This feature is particularly for those users who want personally chose to sync their inboxes for quick accessibility.
With this feature, Users can comfortably forward the message and also customize their threads. The company has also added more interesting apps to make the user experience fun.
More so, Facebook, on the other hand, has added new integration on the platform to help manage privacy for better user experience and communication.
How does the Cross-Platform Messaging Work?
Apparently, cross-app messaging syncs the messaging features of both Facebook and Instagram with the kind of extension that will exist within each of the platforms.
Your messages, chat lists, contacts, videos, or photos sent by users can be seen and accessed on both platforms. It helps users chat without having to switch from one platform to another.
With this feature, it is possible to send a message to someone even though he or she doesn’t have a Facebook Messenger account or an app installed on his or her device.
This feature makes it much easier to be updated with chat notifications and group chats since you can manage two platforms from one that is your favorite.
The cross-platform feature provides options that give endless possibilities when it comes to blending the functionality of Facebook messenger with Instagram, and those updates include new features like:
- Emoji reactions
- The “Watch together” option
- Selfie sticker
- Customize chat colors
- Disappearing mode
How to View Messenger Messages From Instagram
Below are ways you can go about the new feature and start texting your Facebook friends or someone you are in a relationship with from your Instagram account.
- First, you will need to run an update on your Instagram app from the Google Play Store or the Apple store.
- After running an update, open the app, then go to your DM’s section by clicking on the airplane-like symbol that can be found in the right corner.
- The app will bring a pop-up message asking you if you would like to opt-in or not.
- When you click on opt-in, you will be allowed to see a new messaging user interface that looks similar to what the messenger app has.
- At this point, you are allowed to send and receive messages just like you have always done.
This feature also gives you access to send pictures and videos either directly from the app or through a message window.