Have you been wondering, if you can get your text messages from your Google account? Especially if you accidentally wiped or erase them. As frustrating as this might seem it is very possible.
With all the instant messaging apps available on the market, staying in touch with friends and family has never been simpler. However, there are occasions when text messaging is the only acceptable form of communication.
As you may already be aware, Android 6.0 now features automated data backups.
Android backups do manage to preserve the most important information, such as device settings, the list of installed apps, and app data, onto the cloud, despite not being quite as thorough or full as iOS backups.
Android uses the user’s Google Account to store backups because it is a Google OS.
But in cases where you accidentally wiped your text messages or erase them, do not panic as they can still be recovered.
How to Get your Text Messages from Google
Here’s how to get your text message from google:
Everyone is aware that Gmail offers a free email service. Even though the focus of this post is on using Gmail to view text messages, there are some things you’ll need that have nothing to do with Gmail.
Accessing text messages through Gmail can be a bit difficult, but there are definitely benefits in doing so. For this guide, you will need the following things:
- An Android phone
- A Gmail account
- An up-to-date Gmail app
Getting your Text Message using Elcomsoft Cloud Explorer
To get your text messages from the Google Account, Elcomsoft Cloud Explorer 1.30 or newer is needed. These are the steps that you need to take to download text messages:
- Launch the Elcomsoft Cloud Explorer 1.30 program (or newer)
- Select File- Add Google Snapshot
- Authenticate into the Google Account by providing your username and password
- You will be asked for a second authentication code if two-factor authentication is enabled.
- Select Messages after the login is complete.
- Elcomsoft Cloud Explorer will download the data from the Google Account. This may take some minutes depending on the number of Android backups stored in that Google Account.
- Once the download is finished, you’ll be able to see your messages.
Google has made it easy for users to be able to access their messages.
Even if you deleted your messages by mistake, all you have to do is ensure you back them up properly and nothing is permanently lost. You can still retrieve them whenever you want to.