Bed Bath & Beyond Mastercard: The Bed Bath & Beyond Mastercard stands out in the retail card category for its strong rewards, numerous sign-up offers, and decent APR.
If you’re a fan of Bed Bath & Beyond — and who doesn’t love those 20 percent coupons that magically show up in the mailbox and seemingly never expire? — you’ll love its store-branded Mastercard.
The credit card’s simplified rewards structure and ample sign-up offers, along with the ability to combine rewards with those aforementioned coupons and other discounts.
This means loyal customers stand to save a considerable amount of money at one of the nation’s go-to wedding registry retailers.
- $25 off $100 coupon when you receive your card
- $25 gift certificate if you spend $1,000 in first 3 months on outside brands
- $75 gift certificate if you spend $6,000 in first 6 months on outside brands
- No interest on purchases between $250-$500 if paid in full in 6 months
- No interest on purchases $500+ if paid in full in 12 months
- $10 rewards certificates automatically issued for each 1,000 points
- Can combine multiple certificates and certificates with other offers
- Rewards certificates never expire
- Points expire after 5 years
- Can only use certificates at Bed Bath and Beyond brand stores, in-store and online
- Limit of 20 certificates ($200) per purchase
The Bed Bath & Beyond Mastercard’s rewards rate easily matches — and in some cases, exceeds — the highest rates offered by similar cards in the retail category.
It offers 5 percent back on purchases made at Bed Bath & Beyond and associated brands (buybuy BABY, Christmas Tree Shops, Cost Plus World Market and Harmon Face Values). Unlike many other retail cards, it also offers 2 percent back on gas and grocery purchases and 1 percent everywhere else Mastercard is accepted.
Moreover, your rewards can be combined both with each other and with other offers. Such as free shipping on orders over $29, free truck delivery on certain items, and paper, email, and mobile coupons.
You can also sign up for My Offers to organize your coupons in one place for ease of use. And by becoming a Bed Bath & Beyond email subscriber, you’ll be the first to hear about new products and promotions.
Plus, first-time subscribers get a certificate for 20 percent off one item bought in-store.
Fair Sign-up Bonus
Compared to other cards in the retail category, the Bed Bath & Beyond Mastercard’s multiple sign-up offers are especially impressive. Here’s the scoop:
- New cardholders score a “$25 off $100” coupon when they receive their card in the mail.
- You can snag a $25 gift certificate after spending $1,000 in the first six months on outside brands.
- When you spend $6,000 on outside brands in the first six months, you’ll receive another $75 gift certificate.
So long as you pay your monthly balance in full, these offers translate to $125 in free merchandise just for becoming a cardholder.
The Bed Bath & Beyond Mastercard offers special financing on purchases exceeding a certain amount. When you spend between $250 and $500, you’ll enjoy no interest if your balance is paid in full within six months.
The promotional period increases to 12 months on purchases over $500.
Keep in mind, however, that these are deferred-interest financing deals, which differ from true 0% financing in that interest accrues from the date of purchase.
And is added to your total balance if it’s not paid in full by the end of the promotional period.
Don’t let the “0 percent” language fool you: Financing a big-ticket item and failing to pay your balance in time could add hundreds of dollars to what you owe.
Keep an eye on your billing statement and make sure your monthly payments are received on time — missing a payment could also cause you to lose the deferred-interest period, not to mention result in late fees.
- Best American Express Cards: Best for Travelers, Business & Cash Backs
- Dodge DrivePlus Mastercard Review 2021 Updates
Decent APR for a Store Card
As far as retail cards go, the Bed Bath & Beyond Mastercard’s variable APR starts at a reasonable 15.74 percent, but that interest rate is reserved for cardholders with the best credit scores.
Depending on your own credit history, your APR could be as high as 25.74 percent, especially if there’s a blemish or two on your record.
In other words, the card is best suited for consumers who tend to pay their balances in full every month and avoid accruing excessive interest charges.
While the exact suite of benefits that come with Mastercard cards varies, basic perks usually include things such as extended warranty and price protection. The also include concierge services, zero liability, roadside assistance, luxury travel benefits, and more.
Be sure to reference the Bed Bath & Beyond Mastercard benefits guide for complete coverage terms and conditions.
Why Get the Bed Bath & Beyond Mastercard?
- You’re already a frequent customer at Bed Bath & Beyond and/or associated brands (buy BABY, Christmas Tree Shops, Cost Plus World Market, and Harmon Face Values).
- You prefer merchandise discounts over other types of rewards.
- You can’t qualify for a separate credit card that offers higher rewards on gas and/or grocery purchases.
- Also, you don’t plan to carry a balance from month to month.
How to Use the Bed Bath & Beyond Mastercard
- Spend at least $1,000 per month for the first six months to collect $100 in gift certificates.
- Combine rewards certificates with other coupons and discounts for additional savings.
- Use your card to buy gas and groceries to take advantage of double points
- Beware of deferred interest associated with the card’s special financing offers. (Interest is imposed retroactively if you still owe a balance on your purchase(s) at the end of the promotional period.)
- Redeem all points before their five-year expiration date.
- Avoid carrying a balance on this card, as the variable APR can reach as high as 26.24 percent.
We hope this article has been helpful to you. Please share it with anyone who you think will appreciate the information!