– Amica Home Insurance –
Amica Home Insurance: Amica isn’t among the nation’s largest insurers, but this company is mighty in terms of customer satisfaction ratings. If you want insurance policies with built-in perks that you can bundle together for a discount, give Amica a look.
Homeowners insurance provides two basic types of coverage: property and liability. The property portion of homeowners insurance covers damage for losses to the house itself and two items inside of the house. Liability coverage protects homeowners in the event that a person is hurt on the property.
This Amica home insurance review will cover everything you need to know about this company.
Amica Insurance Company
It’s a small insurance company that offers a number of insurance products, including home insurance. It generally gets high marks for customer satisfaction.
At a Glance
- Customer satisfaction ratings for Amica are generally top-notch.
- Amica has fewer consumer complaints than the industry median relative to its size.
- Amica’s auto insurance includes several free perks most insurers don’t, such as free lock and airbag replacement.
Amica: An Excellent Choice for Auto and Home Insurance
Very few insurers—if any—are able to match the low rates offered by Amica and the top-notch ratings it receives from its customers. . If you’re able to take advantage of its discounts—like the multi-line discount—you’ll achieve savings on already affordable rates.
Experts and customers rank Amica as an outstanding insurance company. Amica’s customers praise it for having agents who are quick to process claims while maintaining a professional demeanor.
Auto Insurance Take-Away: If you want the lowest rates possible, we recommend comparing auto insurance rates from Amica and GEICO. Amica doesn’t have the best discounts available, but it still outranks other insurance companies in other categories.
Home Insurance Take-Away: Amica offers low rates across several policy limits, meaning that it’s an affordable insurance company for most people.
If something goes wrong, policyholders will have the support of Amica’s award winning customer service team. Unless you’re looking for a long list of endorsements, Amica is a great choice for you.
Amica Auto Insurance Coverage Options
Amica offers the standard menu of auto insurance coverage, though its policies come with some attractive built-in perks, including:
- Depreciation won’t be taken into account if your car is totaled within the first year of ownership (not available in all states).
- Free lock replacement if you lose your keys or they’re stolen.
- Free repair of an airbag after it deploys.
- Total reimbursement for lost earnings if you go to court at Amica’s request.
With Platinum Choice Auto, you may be able to choose one or all of the following to add to your policy for a cost:
- Advantage rewards: You earn points for good driving, time with the company, referring new customers or adding other policies. You can use the points for accident forgiveness (preventing a price increase if you get in an accident) or to pay down or eliminate the deductible.
- Identity fraud monitoring: The service provides 24/7 monitoring at the three major credit bureaus and access to a fraud specialist if your identity is stolen.
- Full glass coverage: You pay no deductible for glass repairs.
- Prestige rental coverage: You get up to $5,000 toward the rental of a comparable car if yours is in an accident.
Amica homeowners insurance coverage options
The company offers standard home insurance coverage, as well as some unconventional upgrades.
- Home business coverage pays for work-related items if they’re lost or stolen.
- Catastrophic coverage pays for property damage from earthquakes or floods, not typically included in standard policies.
- Dwelling replacement coverage pays out if your home needs repairs exceeding the policy limit — up to 30%.
Amica’s Platinum Choice policy includes the optional coverages above (except catastrophic), plus:
- Additional coverage for liability and medical payments, business property, and theft of valuables.
- Replacement cost reimbursement for damaged or stolen items, rather than the depreciated value.
- Water backup/sump overflow, in case water backup causes damage, up to $5,000.
- Credit card coverage worth up to $5,000.
- Computer coverage, which includes tablets, smart TVs, and phones.
- A loss assessment plan, covers community property near your home.
Other Insurance From Amica
If you like bundling insurance products, you can do so with Amica, which also offers:
- Condo insurance.
- Renters insurance.
- Boat insurance.
- Motorcycle insurance.
- Umbrella insurance.
- Small business insurance.
- Wedding and event insurance.
While it is difficult to predict the cost of a home insurance policy, Amica has a reputation for affordable rates. It also is well-known for being an insurance company with strong customer service, which is rare in the insurance industry.
In addition, with many options for adding protections to its policies, Amica has flexible insurance.
However, customers should still shop around to get the best deal for their home insurance. There are many sites that allow consumers to compare rates, which can help savvy consumers find the policy that is best for them.
We hope this article was useful and educative, do well to share these messages with friends and loved ones. If you have a question, kindly drop your comments below.