When you hear about alum it is in reference to potassium alum, which is the hydrated form of potassium aluminum sulfate and has the chemical formula KAl(SO4)2. Away from the lab, what you never knew is that Alum also possesses elements for skin tightening.
Sagging skin, wrinkles and fine lines can occur due to the aging process, exposure to the sun, sudden weight loss, and repeated facial expressions. Skins begin to wrinkle and sag when they lose strength and flexibility.
There are many options for reducing or getting rid of wrinkles. Some of the available choices include surgery, botox injections, filler injections, dermabrasion, and over-the-counter preparations which can be expensive.
Alum is a naturally occurring ingredient that has astringent properties and has been used in many anti-wrinkle and anti-aging skin creams. Alum has the ability to make the skin tight and remove wrinkles on its own.
Using alum for this purpose is very easy, cheap, and effective. Below are two ways that you can use alum to tighten your skin and remove wrinkles on your face and neck.
How to Use Alum for Face Skin Tightening and Lifting
- Wash your face but don’t’ dry it.
- Wet alum in cold water thoroughly and rub gently across skin.
- Leave it to dry as long as you can.
- Rub off the dry white powder when you are done. You can also gently rinse your face with water.
After a few months of usage all your wrinkles will disappear and you will have a rejuvenated, shining, young, and wrinkle-free face. Your face will start becoming young again and you will look younger.
- Grind some alum into powder and put in a container with a lid.
- Pour some clean water into the container and mix the mixture.
- Wet a cotton ball with the alum mixture and apply to your face and neck.
- Allow to dry and leave for a while before rinsing off.
You can use either of the two methods before bed and leave overnight. If you would like to leave longer during the day, wipe off the white powder residue left by the alum.
You will start to feel and notice a difference after some weeks of consistent usage. Alum causes dryness of skin too, so you will need to apply a light moisturizer after rinsing off the alum.
How Frequently Can You Use Alum
You can use Alum for skin tightening almost daily and for a few months if you feel the need. You may see the change after a number of uses. Once your skin is a bit tighter, it will look like it is shining, youthful, and radiant.
You can use this treatment option when you have breakouts or problematic skin issues. Because it is so natural, don’t be afraid to use alum whenever you feel it could be beneficial.
Alum Makes Skin Dry
After using alum for a few days you will quickly realize that it makes your skin very tight especially if you leave it for some time. It’s because alum sucks out all moisture out of the skin leaving it dry.
If you are feeling uncomfortable with dry skin then use coconut oil on a regular basis as well. Coconut oil also helps to keep skin healthy and gives a young look.
- 10 Ways to Use Avocado Seeds you Should Know
- How Does Gold Bond Lotion Work for Creepy Skin
- What is Lipomas and 4 Recommended Essential Oils for Lipomas
- Why Use Dove Soap for Acne: Is It Worth Using Dove Soap
- MSM For Skin Tightening: Does It Benefit the Skin?
Other Easy Remedies to Tighten Skin
Aloe Vera Gel for Skin Tightenin
Aloe vera is a natural moisturizer and contains malic acid, which improves the elasticity of your skin. Both of these properties together make aloe vera an effective and inexpensive treatment for sagging skin.
- To make an aloe vera mask mix one tablespoon of aloe vera gel, mayonnaise, and honey.
- Apply the mask to your face, neck.
- Let it dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse off the mask with lukewarm water. Because of the honey, you may need to scrub gently with a soft washcloth to completely remove the mask.
- Rinse your skin one more time will cool water, and then pat it dry with a soft towel.
Honey for Skin Tightening
It’s not just great for working with other ingredients to tone the skin. Honey will work alone to keep the skin toned, cleaner, and healthier. Honey can feel sticky on your fingers.
If you can forget it for the sake of your skin, you can use honey to add more vitamin C to your skin. Like with other options, the vitamin C will work with your immune system to improve your cell health.
- You can add a little honey to some olive oil to reduce the stickiness level.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice to help increase the vitamin C in your skin. This is a vitamin that your body can’t create or store alone.
- Apply the mask to your face until it dries.
- Rinses off with some clean water.
- Use this 2 times a day for the best results to your skin. The oil will work with the honey to moisturize the skin.
Another way that you can use honey with the sour cream and apply it on your skin as a mask. This is the kind of treatment that you have to do weekly for the best results.
Lemon for Skin Tightening
Lemon is filled with vitamin C which plays an important role in the production of collagen. Collagen helps in bringing the skin muscles together keeping it away from sagging.
Lemon is the main nutrient for the treatment of skin helping to avoid aging of the skin. It helps in decreasing the wrinkles on the face making older people have young and glowing skin.
Here’s to use lemon for skin tightening:
- Extract fresh lemon juice and use it by rubbing all over the face in a gentle way.
- Leave it for 5 to 10 minutes and then rinse with water.
- Always use a moisturizer on your face after the wash.
- Repeat this process 2 to 3 times a day.
Fresh juice can also be added to some water and splashed on the washed face. The lemon should be left to air dry so that the lemon ingredients can be absorbed into the skin.
This process should be done two times on a daily basis and you will notice a positive result after a few weeks.
Exercise for Skin Tightening
Exercises are very helpful in tightening the skin and increasing the skin’s elasticity. The sweat caused by exercising helps a lot to detoxify the skin.
Sweat usually includes the toxins that accumulate under the skin avoiding premature aging of the skin.
Exercising also raises the body muscle mass making the skin tighter. This does not mean you have to join a gym for a daily workout to get firmer skin.
Start doing light exercises that will help you sweat and stretch at the same time. You can do it in the morning before you take a shower or later in the evening when you are free. Apart from helping your skin, exercises are very necessary for keeping your body fit.
Coffee Grounds for Skin Tightening
Coffee is the necessary morning boost for millions of people. Not only can coffee help you refresh your day, but it can also be used to tighten your skin and prevent the signs of aging.
Coffee contains antioxidants that slow the signs of skin aging. When used as a scrub in combination with other substances, coffee exfoliates and firms your skin while at the same time working to smooth out and eliminate fat deposits.
- In a bowl, combine coffee grounds, brown sugar, cinnamon, and heat coconut oil to make it a liquid.
- Using your fingers and small circular motions, scrub your face and neck for a few minutes.
- Rinse the mixture off using warm water.
- Apply this scrub once a week.
Alum with these other remedies will help you get naturally tighter skin. There is no need to add different chemicals to your body or try any medical treatments.
Nature is full of harmless and efficient benefits to help improve the texture and look of your skin.
Was this article useful? If Yes! Please leave your comment. For more related articles, subscribe to our blog.