150+ Heartfelt Death Anniversary Messages and Quotes for Fathers to express how valuable our fathers have been in our lives. It’s difficult to choose the right words to say during this emotional time. There are lots of memories to share and feelings to express. You can use any of the following examples to create a unique tribute to your father.
Heartfelt Death Anniversary Messages and Quotes for Fathers
1. Dear dad, you have given me the greatest gift before leaving this world. You believed in your son. I miss you, my old man.
2. It’s been a while since you left, but the pain is still quite fresh. May you rest in peace, dad. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
3. Every day without you has been hard, but on this day especially I can’t help but think how much I wish you were here with me.
4. Undeniably, you were the finest father a daughter could ever ask for. You have taught me how to live life to the fullest and in a dignified manner. On your death anniversary, I am missing your badly, father.
5. You were the guiding light in my life, and today, I’m especially reminded of how lucky I was to have you for as long as I did. I love you to the moon and back.
6. The man of my family has been in heaven for years but still, I miss him like nothing else. Dad, I hope you are always smiling up there.
7. You left a legacy and lots of memories for us. Our hearts ache for you dear dad. Hope you are having a great time in heaven.
8. Losing you was something I could not cope with. I hope you are fine wherever you are. Always stay close to my heart dad.
9. My dear dad, the day I lost you, I lost everything in my life. I am still messed up without you. You will always be in my heart, dad.
10. How lucky am I to have had a father so special that I miss you this much? As much as I hate not having you around, I’m happy to know you’re at peace.
11. Dear father, rest in peace wherever you are, I miss you every single day and I love you, daddy. I miss you badly. You are always in my heart.
12. My lovely dad, I miss you so much. You will forever remain in my heart. I still try to find you. I don’t know where you are. Rest in peace, dad.
13. You were always so great with my kids, as you’ve always been with me. I miss you every single day, dad.
14. I keep thinking about you, Dad, even though it hurts. I’d give anything to relive those memories again.
15. It is said that prayer is the best weapon. I am praying for you dad. May you shine in heaven as you used to do here. We miss you so much every moment.
16. You were the best thing to ever happen to me, dad. I love you so much. I miss you every day.
17. Dear father, I still wish that I could talk to you and tell you about my day. God, I miss you so much.
18. Dear dad, words can’t describe how much I miss you. Wishing you were here every day. I love and miss you.
19. Today is your father’s death anniversary. I know you are in pain. But friend, everyone has to die. So be strong and carry out your responsibility for your family.
20. Dad, not a single day goes by that I don’t think about you. I miss you so much. Rest in peace, dad.
21. Dad, you were the hero of my life. I am very much lonely without you. I miss you very much, dad. My prayers are always with you.
22. Words can’t express just how much I miss you, dad. Although it’s been a while since you passed away, I still love you very much.
23. Today is your death anniversary, and I pray to God for your happiness up there. Rest in peace dear father.
24. Every day I remember you in my prayer, in my thoughts. Your memory can never be forgotten. I love you so much, dad. I miss you.
25. Dad, I’m so thankful for all the memories we shared together. I only wish you were here to make more.
26. Your love offered me comfort during tough times. But now, it brings me comfort knowing that you’re in a better place now.
27. I never realized that the absence of the dearest person can make such a dent in someone’s life. Your exit from my life has made a dent that can never be repaired. Rest in peace, my father.
28. You may not be with me anymore, but my love for you will never die. I miss you, Dad.
29. Dad, you used to tell me that boys never cry. I don’t cry in front of people. But when I am alone, I can’t stop myself. I miss you, dad.
Death Anniversary Quotes for Father
30. “Dad, wherever you are, you are gone but you will never be forgotten.”–Conrad Hall.
31. “It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons.”–Johann Friedrich Von Schiller.
32. “A great soul serves everyone all the time. A great soul never dies. It brings us together again and again.”–Maya Angelou.
33. “Deeply, I know this, that love triumphs over death. My father continues to be loved, and therefore he remains by my side.”–Jennifer Williamson.
34. “Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever.”–Anonymous
35. “You will always be in my heart… because in there you’re still alive.”–Jamie Cirello.
36. “No matter where I am, your spirit will be beside me. For I know that no matter what, you will always be with me.”–Tram-Tiara T. Von Reichenbach.
37, “Not long enough to walk with this man/who has taught me to be the person I am.”–Kelly Horn
38. “No matter how old we are, we still need our dads, and wonder how we’ll get by without them,”–Anonymous
39. “You all have lied/Who told me time would ease me of my pain!”–Edna St. Vincent Millay
40. “In your life, you touched so many; in your death, many lives were changed.”–Melinda Jones
41. “A father’s love is forever imprinted on his child’s heart,”–Anonymous
42. “The loss of my father was the most traumatic event in my life–I can’t forget the pain.”–Frank Lowy.
43. “There is no expiration date on the love between a father and his child.”-Jennifer Williamson.
44. “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could ever give another person. He believed in me.”–Jim Valvano.
45. “My Father didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.”–Clarence Budington Kelland.
Grieving Messages for Father
46. “Time,”, the Captain said, “is not what you think.” He sat down next to Eddie. “Dying? Not the end of everything. We think it is. But what happens on earth is only the beginning,” Anonymous.
47. “The loss of my father will always sting. But now, everything that I do is in honor of him and celebrates his life.”–Anonymous.
48. “Say not in grief ‘he is no more but in thankfulness that he was.”–Hebrew Proverb.
49. A father’s love is forever imprinted on his child’s heart.”–Jennifer Williamson.
50. “My dad was my best friend and greatest role model. He was an amazing dad, coach, mentor, soldier, husband, and friend.”–Tiger Woods.
51. “Don’t think of him as gone away/his journey’s just begun/life holds so many facets/this earth is only one.”–Ellen Brenneman.
52. “But men who passed paid tribute… It left its mark on me. Its work stands fast.”–Georgia Harkness.
53. “No matter how old we are, we still need our dads, and wonder how we’ll get by without them.”–Jennifer Williamson.
54. “Say not in grief ‘he is no more but in thankfulness that he was.”–Hebrew Proverb.
55. “Dad is and always will be my living, breathing superhero.”–Bindi Irwin.
56. “The loss of my father will always sting. But now, everything that I do is in honor of him and celebrates his life.”–Adrienne C. Moore.
57. “Remember me when I am gone away/Gone far away into the silent land,”–Christina Rossetti
58. “Deeply, I know this, that love triumphs over death. My father continues to be loved, and therefore he remains by my side.”–Jennifer Williamson.
59. “When I hear the rain pitter-patter against my window sill/I will hear your words of wisdom/And will remember what you taught me so well/That without rain trees cannot grow/Without rain flowers cannot bloom/Without life’s challenges I cannot grow strong.”–Tram-Tiara T. Von Reichenbach.
Message in Memory of My Late Father
60. Dad, Even though you are not with us anymore, you will always be in our hearts and memories forever. May Lord bless your soul with eternal peace.
61. How ironic is it that I wasted all these years not listening to you. But now that you’re not here, I’m living life exactly how you told me to.
62. Dad, wherever you are I just want you to know that no matter how much we’ve fought and argued, you were right, this is what my heart always knew. I miss you.
63. Dad… I haven’t been with you enough to know everything about you, but I have been with you enough to love you and miss you dearly.
64. Dearest dad, I cannot say in words how much I miss you. You always guided me through good and bad. I remember you today and always and pray to the Lord to bless your soul with eternal peace wherever you are.
65. Death thinks it has taken you away from me. But I didn’t know that it has actually brought us closer than ever. I miss you, dad.
66. How can the Heavens be beautiful when they have been nasty enough to take away my favorite person from me? I miss you, dad.
67. Dad, you are always in our thoughts and we know you are watching over us from Heaven.
68. Sending you funeral flowers and May Lord bless your soul wherever you are.
69. Today, I remember you, my loving father. You’ve been such an inspiration to me and to the rest of our family. Mission you every day.
70. Every time I place flowers on your grave, I realize how fragrant you made my life. I miss you, dad.
Death Anniversary Messages From Son
71. People say that whatever happens, happens for the best. But the painful memories of your death, I’ll never be able to put to rest. I miss you, dad.
72. Your death will always remain a blurry memory. But your life will always be a vivid one, the epitome of greatness and sacrifice. I miss you, dad.
73. Just one last chance, I wish I could get to hug you. Then I would hold you tight and never let go. I miss you, dad.
74. Just like how I was the apple of your eye, you were the balm to my soul. I miss you, dad.
As I grow older, no matter whose love gives me happiness–I will always be my daddy’s little princess. I miss you, dad.
75. Dad… even though you are not in front of my eyes right now, your picture in my heart will remain beautifully pristine forever. I miss you.
76. On the day I lost you, I lost a father, a friend, and an idol who I look up to. I miss you, dad.
77. Dear Father, You are not forgotten though you are no more with us. You always are and will be in our memories. I pray to the Lord to bless your soul wherever you are.
78. There’s a place in my heart that no one can fill, dear father. I miss you and always will. Your love is always with me, dad. I pray to the Lord to bless your soul and give you peace and happiness wherever you are.I still get a lot of hugs, but none of them are as warm as yours. I miss you, dad.
79. Death may have taken you away from me, but in my life, a hero you’ll forever be. Miss you, dad.
80. Dad, you taught me to be strong but sorry I’m letting you down… I can never be strong enough to accept that you are no longer here. I miss you.
81. Talking to your gravestone and hugging your photographs–are just some of the things I do to convince myself that you are still here. I miss you, dad.
82. Dad, death doesn’t change a thing… because you’ve always been the angel in my life. I miss you.
83. When I think of you, tears roll down my cheeks unbidden, just the way it rains in London. I miss you.
84. Death took away not just my dad, but also someone who was my unsung hero. I miss you.
85. Whether it is the empty spot in a chair next to mum’s or the eerily silent garage on a Sunday morning, you are missed in every way, dad. I love you.
86. Dad… I keep thinking about you even though it hurts. I’d give anything to relive those memories again. I miss you.
87. Dad, as much as I mourn, your death is a celebration… because you made my life nothing short of one.
88. Dad… how heartbroken I am and how much I miss you. I can’t explain it in words but my tears do.
10th Death Anniversary Message for Fathers
89. I can’t believe it’s been 10 years, dad. You left such a big hole in my heart that no one or thing will ever fill it. I miss you so much.
90. It’s been 10 years, dad. I’ve missed you so much ever since.
91. Dearest dad, I cannot say in words how much I miss you. You always guided me through good and bad. I remember you today and always and pray to the Lord to bless your soul with eternal peace wherever you are.
92. Dad, it’s been 10 years since you left us. I haven’t stopped thinking about you since. Thank you for raising me the right way. I miss you so much.
93. The best dad doesn’t exist in this world. That’s because he is in Heaven right now. I miss you.
94. A free-spirited person like you can never be proclaimed dead. You may not be around in person but your spirit will live on forever in our hearts. I miss you, dad.
95. Dad, anyone can ’t fill the void you left in my heart, but I will hold on to the lovely memories we had together. Till we meet again. I love you dearly.
96. Every time I think about you, tears well up in my eyes. I don’t know how long it will take for me to get over this, but one thing will always remain; you will be my forever inspiration and icon. Even in death, I love you unconditionally.
97. I never thought I could miss someone this much. Dad, 10 years have passed by but I still wish I could hold you tight.
98. Never thought being fatherless would make me feel so powerless and helpless. I miss you with every ounce and atom in me. Wish I had more time to show you how much you meant to me.
99. Even though it’s been quite some time, your departure has created a vacuum that could never be filled easily. I miss you so much and time can’t heal the pain of how much I wish to be with you. Till we meet again dad, I love you.
100. No matter how much time has passed, I still miss you as much as the first day you left.
Death is an occurrence that can’t be avoided, but your passing away remains a shock to us all dad. What happened to all our planned tomorrow and promises? I miss you deeply.
101. Thinking about you even though it hurts because you were the best dad any person could have. I could do anything just to rest in your arms one more time. I miss you more than anything else.
102. Though you are gone, your spirit of excellence will live on through us. I promise to live up to all your expectations and give you the biggest smile in heaven. In the meantime, we will forever miss you.
103. Ever since you left 10 years ago, I remember the good moments spent with you every day, and it motivates me to do better. I miss you daddy, more than you could ever imagine.
104. If tears could bring you back to the world, I know you would be alive now, but since we have no power over life occurrences, I will keep praying for you till the day we meet again. I miss you, father.
105. It’s been 10 years, but each time I remember how nice you were, I break down wondering why great people like you leave the world. Rest well. Till we meet again. I miss you.
106. While you were still alive, you always proved to everyone how much you loved your family. Words are not enough to tell you how much I miss you. I love you.
107. Your legacy remains a blessing to the people you left. We will never forget your dry jokes, warm hugs, and words of wisdom. I hope you are in a better place. I miss you, father.
108. Before going through my daily activities every day, I create time to stare at your pictures and it gives me hope that I have you as my guardian angel. You are deeply missed, dad.
109. Each time you appear in my dreams, I feel your lovely hands and your soft touch again. I wish you never left us. I miss you every day.
110. It’s funny how I never listened to or heeded your advice when you were around, but I uphold them each day now that you are not around.
111. Thanks for loving me regardless of my shortcomings. Thanks for always being around and supporting all our dreams. All my life, I never experienced a love greater than yours. You will always be missed and loved. Rest with the angels.
112. Daddy, you will forever be my biggest support. You were our strength when life seemed so unfair and the greatest gift we could ever have. I can’t imagine what life will be without you. I miss your presence so much. Thanks for everything.
113. Dad, your memories have become my heartbeats–which means I am thinking of you all the time just to stay alive. I miss you.
114. I can’t wait for the day that we will be reunited. It makes me look forward to the day I will depart this earth.
115. If there is a chance of you getting back, please do because I can’t find a friend in anyone else as I did with you. People as great as you should never have to leave the world for good. I miss you, my king. I love you, father.
116. Your life has ended, and it’s been 10 years since then, but your legacy of wisdom, integrity, and courage will go on forever. I miss you, dad.
Father’s Death Anniversary Prayers
117. It has been a very long time since you left us, dad. However, I pray regularly, to God to offer you peace, I really miss you.
118. I am praying this day to God that He might bless your father. May your father rest in peace, my friend. It would be ideal if you call me whenever you need to.
119. It has been a long time since I lost you. But I pray everyday daddy for your soul. May God give you peace and keep you happy. I love you.
120. I hope my prayers will reach God and convince him to give you a wonderful place in heaven. May God bless the soul of my dear dad.
121. I pray to God that may He bless you. I hope that you are very well in heaven. We miss you father. It’s been years since you are not with us anymore. Each of us is missing you so much!
122. I consider that God is listening and watching me. I’m sending numerous prayers for you at this present time. God will certainly grant you eternal repose. Relax in peace, dad. We miss you a lot!
123. I want nothing but for God to accept my prayers; my prayers to forgive my dad and give him a beautiful place in heaven. Love you so much, daddy.
124. I do know, all of us will die someday. However, I by no means thought you’d go like this. I nonetheless miss you, dad. I really like you. My prayers are with you all the time.
125. My respectable father, I pray to God to maintain you cheerful as you were. At this time in your death anniversary, I’m praying for your peace and luxury. I miss you, my dearest Daddy!
126. God, I pray that you give my dad the best time up there. And, tell him that I miss him so much.
127. I pray to God for you every single day and every single night. May God grant eternal peace to your soul to live happily in his divine paradise. On this day I miss you so much!
128. The affection your father had for us all is something special we profoundly miss on his death anniversary. He was an extraordinary man. Don’t just grieve but appreciate his wisdom, his guidance, his affection, and the good that he left behind.
129. Regardless of how many years go by, the pain of your death never diminishes. Dad, I miss you so much. I pray that you hear every prayer I make every day. I love you.
130. I pray to God for you every single day and every single night. May God grant eternal peace to your soul to live happily in his divine paradise.
131. I pray to God that may He bless you. I hope that you are very well in heaven. We miss you, father.
132. It’s been years since you are not with us anymore. We miss you every day, dad!
133. My respectable father, I pray to God that may he keep you happy as you used to be. Today on your death anniversary I’m praying for your peace and comfort.
134. I believe that God is listening and watching me. I am sending a ton of prayers for you on this day. God will definitely acknowledge my prayers. Rest in peace dad.
135. The thought of you hearing my prayers every night gives me comfort. I miss you so much!
136. God, please tell my father that his family misses him so much here on earth, and we’re looking forward to seeing him again one day.
137. I pray to God for you every single day and each single night time. Could God grant everlasting peace to your soul to stay fortunately in his divine paradise? At present, I’m missing you a lot!
138. Oh, God! Please hold my Dad in your loving arms and let him rest in peace in your beautiful heaven. Also, let him know that his son/daughter always keeps him in his/her prayers. Please God let my dad sleep in your loving arms.
139. I pray to God that He will bless you. I hope that you’re delighted in heaven. We miss you, father. It’s been years since you aren’t with us anymore. Every one of us is lacking you a lot!
140. If my arms can’t hold you, I do hope my prayers can. I miss you so much, dad. Praying for you every single day.
141. I pray to God every day and night to grant you the best place in heaven. I pray that God is good and blesses your soul with peace. Remembering you with love today daddy!
142. I believe that God is listening and watching me. I am sending a lot of prayers for you on this day. God will surely accept my prayers. Rest in peace dad.
143. I pray to God that may He bless you. I hope that you are very well in heaven. We miss you father.
144. It’s been years since you are not with us anymore. Each of us is missing you so much!
145. I hope my prayers will reach God and convince him to give you a wonderful place in heaven. May God bless the soul of my dear dad.
146. Dad, if you’re listening, I pray that God blesses you all the more up there in heaven like he always used to here on earth. I miss you a lot!
147. If there’s one thing I know that works, it’s prayer. So, I pray that God blesses your soul in paradise. As for us, we miss you every day, dad.
148. It’s stated that prayer is one of the best weapons. I’m praying for you, dad. Could you shine within heaven as you used to do right here? We miss you a lot each second.
149. If you can hear me, always know that you were the best dad anyone could ask for. Thank you for giving us that.
150. Every Father’s day is a painful reminder of your absence in my life. I miss you so much that it hurts.
I understand how difficult it is to write about a loved one’s life after they have died. The incident evokes a flood of emotions and memories. Here are a few simple ideas to help you create an amazing tribute for your father’s death anniversary.
Begin with the theme. You can be amusing, emotional, artistic, humorous, or religious. You can include your connection with your father, as well as how he interacts with his friends or coworkers. Also, you think of a positive attribute of his and connect it to a specific situation.
A tribute is not an obituary in which you simply list biographical information or important dates. Make the decision to tell a story. A narrative about his life, the good he’s done, and your connection. People connect with stories rather than dates or facts.
Consider all of your father’s best qualities. Consider the things that will bring honor to your late father. In most cases, avoid including negative characteristics. Humor can be used to acknowledge some negative characteristics.
You can write as if you’re talking directly to your father or as a narrator telling a tale about him to your guests. Finally, express your gratitude and love for your dad. You can also express gratitude to everyone who was a part of your father’s life.